Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

olwen may morris

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

missmop

missmop Report 9 Jun 2014 22:42

i'm trying to find info on my great aunt olwen may morris she was born 13/8/1912 at 83, high street, abertridwr, caerphilly to william morris and mary jane nee hughes i know when her mother died in 1951 in dolgelley she registered the death as may jones,i have been through electrol register for this area from 1938-1951 and she never lived with her. any information will be gladly recieved many thanks cathy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jun 2014 22:46

possible marriage

Name: Olwen M Morris
Spouse Surname: Jones
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1947
Registration district: Pontypridd
Inferred County: Glamorgan
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 1196
Find Spouse: Lewis G Jones

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jun 2014 22:50

wonder if someone got her birth date a bit wrong

Name: Olwen May Jones
Birth Date: 18 Aug 1912
Date of Registration: Dec 1992
Age at Death: 80
Registration district: Aberconwy
Inferred County: Gwynedd
Volume: 25
Page: 550

her hubby

Name: Lewis Glynn Jones
Birth Date: 26 Jan 1911
Date of Registration: Feb 1991
Age at Death: 80
Registration district: Aberconwy
Inferred County: Gwynedd
Volume: 25
Page: 548

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Jun 2014 14:46

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1340849

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Jun 2014 14:47

Catherine

When you ask for help, you need to look at the replies

And one post per topic is the site 'rule'

jax

jax Report 10 Jun 2014 15:02

Have you sent Catherine a pm on how to return to her threads Reggie?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Jun 2014 15:32

as she is not new to the boards, I thought it unnecessary

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jun 2014 15:36

So I wasted my time then ???

How annoying :-(

jax

jax Report 10 Jun 2014 16:26

8 posts is not new then?

missmop

missmop Report 12 Jun 2014 23:27

can someone please explain what i have done wrong here, i was told by reggie not to click on his name but to reply via the grey box at the bottom which i did. but i didn't see all the posts until now when i was on google searching for aberconwy that i came across my post and all the comments that everyone has put up. i was not aware of any site rules, as everyone seems to be changing there formats. if i have upset anybody i am sorrybut please realise i don't use this site often as i used to due to work commitments cathy :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jun 2014 11:17

Hi
You put the same request up twice so look ups were duplicated . it gets very frustrating to spend time trying to help only to find the info has been found previously and posted on another thread

WE are very willing helpers with subs but double posting really takes advantage of our goodwill on looking up info.
I would very much prefer to find previous unfounded info rather than duplicate what others have spent time, and their subs , looking up previously

You have now acknowledged the postings on the other request

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1340849

missmop

missmop Report 15 Jun 2014 18:02

I was unaware it duplicated and i am very grateful for all the help i have been given. i did post under the query a thank you.the only problem i had was the unfriendly posts that were recieved which reggie said were for another catherine but why put them on my thread, i think in future i will be using this site for just building my tree.