Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ATHUR EDGAR PARKER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 May 2014 15:45

Hi, everyone I am trying to trace any relatives of my dad Arthur parker ( I didn't know him as my mother moved us away from him when I was 3 ) I do know that he was born in 1945 he married linda symmons in 1973 they had 5 children me being the 3rd eldest i'm not sure when they divorced but they did he went on to live the rest of his life with a lady called shelly price I finally found him in Guildford surrey but I was 6 months to late he had died in feb 2009 :-( but I think it would be lovely to know if I have any aunts,uncles ,cousins or even sisters or brothers. :-)

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 26 May 2014 16:22

.?.??

His birth?

Name: Arthur E Parker
Mother's Maiden Surname: Rose
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1945
Registration district: Brentford
Inferred County: Buckinghamshire
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 352

Only seeing one other birth in Buckinghamshire for Parker mmn Rose. You can see it yourself on FreeBMD

You parents marriage certificate will give his fathers name

Name: Arthur E Parker
Spouse Surname: Symmons
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1973
Registration district: Surrey North Western
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume Number: 5g
Page Number: 506

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 May 2014 16:22

Hi there, welcome to the boards!

Have you tried locating his birth on Freebmd? The 2nd name (in this case Rose) is the maiden name of the person's mother.

Is this him do you think?

Births Dec 1945 (>99%)
Parker Arthur E Rose Brentford 3a 352

It is possible to search again for the same surname/mother's name combination to look for possible siblings.

Jan

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 26 May 2014 16:28

Name: Frederick B Parker
Spouse Surname: Rose
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1944
Registration district: Wycombe
Inferred County: Buckinghamshire
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 2568
Find Spouse: Florence E Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 May 2014 17:45

hi thanks for the replies I have all that info he was born in Isleworth Middlesex the question I was asking is has he got any brothers or sisters out there I can't find anything out from my mother because I have had no contact with her for over 10 years.

patchem

patchem Report 26 May 2014 17:51

Go to this link:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Then do as was suggested above:

'Put in surname Parker mmn Rose.' to find siblings

(mmn is mother's maiden name)

Brentford includes Isleworth. And is Middlesex not Bucks.

However, his siblings, if any, could have been born elsewhere, and there are then many possible siblings.

Added:
If you look for Parker/Rose births in Middlesex from 1935 to 1955,there are 2 other births. You would need the birth certificates for parents names to check if they are his siblings.

Did you find any further information about your Father's death - funeral notices or newspaper condolences?

patchem

patchem Report 26 May 2014 18:12

If you look on 192.com for Shelly Price (with Arthur Parker), they appear to have been living with a female named Parker in Guildford.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 27 May 2014 01:06

actually if you look at this particular record at 192.com

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/price/shelly/gu1/912213820/

and click on each name listed below in turn

you will see the full list of related people who lived at that address, in different years, with some info about them (e.g. age range, although I would wonder about that first one)

the list of other names is slightly different for each person you click on

this may give you an idea of names of possible half-siblings or step-siblings

how did you learn of your father's death, not from a member of his family?

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 May 2014 09:35

Thank you everyone i'm gonna do what u say above :) an I did find them through 192 in 2009 I finally built up the courage to phone and shelly price said he had died and he had been cremated I asked her did he have any more children and she said no so I just left it at that I now need a passport which I need to put my fathers details on the form and since I've started looking for his details I've been curious about the other parker on 192 but I don't know if I want to phone her again i'll just do a bit of research an see where it takes me ;-) :-)