Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brian Faben adopted in 1852

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 1 May 2014 13:49

Can anyone help me find Brian Faben born the 5th September 1952 in Ormskirk Hospital, Lancashire. I am looking for him on behalf of his brother, Peter Faben.
Brians mother died 8 days after Brian was born and his father made the sad decision to have him adopted. His siblings Peter, Pauline and John were never told about him and only learnt of his existence recently.
Brians father was Horace Kitchener Faben who was known as 'Kitchie' or 'Harry' who was born in Norwich and in the army at the time of Brians birth. His mothers name was Marjorie Whittle who may have been from the Lancashire area.
Unfortunately we have very little information and don't know his adopted name. If anyone has any information on Brian we would be very grateful and Peter is keen to make contact with him.
Thank you.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 May 2014 14:09

Look for his birth name in 'search all member trees'

Advise any birth relatives to add themselves to the national adoption contact register

Claire

Claire Report 1 May 2014 15:29

Hi Reggie
Thank you for your reply. I have tried to look for him on the members trees but was unsuccessful.
Brians birth parents are both deceased, would it be possible for his brother to add himself to the national adoption contact register?
Claire

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 May 2014 15:54

Yes, indeed.......any blood relation can do so

For details...........

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

IF Brian knows he was adopted and IF he is looking for birth family, he may have done the same

Claire

Claire Report 6 May 2014 16:09

Hi Reggie,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I have been away.
Thank you so much for your help in searching for Brian, I will pass this information onto my cousin so he can start his search.
Claire