Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for friends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 22 Mar 2014 15:16

Did anyone live in Saffron lane area of Leicester in the 1950's? If so, di you know these two people. Tony and Eric? Sorry didn't know their surnames, but they went everywhere together. I believe that they have both now died but would like to know when and how please for a friend of mine.
Impossibility I know but just a chance that someone may know of them. They used to go to Duncan Road club and also collisseum cinema a lot.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Mar 2014 16:30

Friends reunited has a street search facility. Check it out

patchem

patchem Report 22 Mar 2014 18:26

If you are searching for them for a friend - does the friend have any further information?

Eileen

Eileen Report 23 Mar 2014 11:33

Thanks Reggie, but Saffron Lane is a very long street with lots of roads off of it and all my friend knew was that they lived in that area. She lived in the Belgrave area of Leicester and met when they came to that area usually at the weekends. Had they been alive, they would have been in their 70's now.

jax

jax Report 23 Mar 2014 13:27

It is very unlikely that anyone living in that area at the time, knowing these two men will come across this in the near future.

There is a facebook page for the Saffron road working mans club merged with Duncan road club

Have you put a message on there? or you could give them a call

https://www.facebook.com/SLWMC?rf=201375809872647

Eileen

Eileen Report 23 Mar 2014 15:16

Thanks Jax, it was just on the chance that someone might see it. I will have to take a look at the items offered. Thought they were only on the friends site. :-)

jax

jax Report 23 Mar 2014 16:18

What friends site?

If you mean Friends Reunited that went by the wayside when Facebook came about..

I have not noticed anything happening on there for the last 6 years or so and I have been a member since it started in 2000.....although I expect some people still use it

Eileen

Eileen Report 23 Mar 2014 17:02

I have retried it but it's just not the same now. Hard to find anything. I guess facebook has outdone them.