Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find half sisters Bodmin Cornwall....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marianne

Marianne Report 9 Mar 2014 19:46

Hi sadly having just discovered my biological Dad has passed away I would love to get in touch with my half sisters Amanda,Sharon and Deborah MASTERS..daughters of Doris and Roger Masters....they are probably married i believe they are all still in the BodminBodmin area, I have always known of them but don't know if they know I exist have missed so much if anyone can help put us in touch that would be fantastic thank you in advance....
Marianne ??

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 20:45

If they are unaware of your existence then you need to tread very carefully.

One thought would be to use an intermediary or third party if you can find a good one.

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 9 Mar 2014 21:10

They appear to be in several trees on here.

Have you considered a neutral approach, just regarding vague ancestors and any knowledge thereof?

Added:
Have you got the correct birth years for the sisters in your trees on here, and was Roger his middle name at marriage?

Added:
Think this was his birth?
Aubrey R Masters
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1941
Registration district: Bodmin
Inferred County: Somerset

Marianne

Marianne Report 9 Mar 2014 22:18

No middle name just Roger ,used to own Masters News in Bodmin...guessed years of birth for girls I was 1972 so was before then. Met Mandy as a small child she had a partner Steven...roger wasnt born in Cornwall he had a cheeky cockney(maybe )accent... I don't know much I know he was married to Doris ??? and the girls names I last heard from him in 1998\9 ...I,ve thought of them often and it was a huge shock to find out Roger has passed last November, wish I had chance to say goodbye etc..

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 22:29

This must be his birth, as he was 72 according to the obituary:

Births Sep 1941 (>99%)
Masters Roger L Browning Ilford 4a 541

Edit: Forget this.

Rose

Marianne

Marianne Report 9 Mar 2014 22:38

Thank you maybe I really don't know A lot I was so young when I found out he was my dad and shortly after he left our house its a complicated story ...has a marriage for Roger and Doris popped up?? Her maiden name may be Bennett...I have another reason for contact medical history as a few thIngs have popped up while at the doctor's.. thank you in advance

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 22:56

Forget my last posting. Looks like he was Aubrey Roger Masters.

There's a marriage that fits to a Doris Marks and then the children with the matching maiden name.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 22:57

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/53398/pages/13394/page.pdf

Rose

Marianne

Marianne Report 9 Mar 2014 23:01

Thank you Rose..could you check the dates the children were born for me at all please? Maz

patchem

patchem Report 9 Mar 2014 23:10

Births are 1963, 1964, 1965, in the order you have put them in the OP. No middle initials for any of them.

So Sharon might have a tree on here.

In addition, presumably you have the name of the funeral director from the funeral notice?

That notice also stated a surviving brother (of Roger) - was he aware of your existence?

Marianne

Marianne Report 9 Mar 2014 23:12

Thank you for the link the address rings a bell too.....will need to find parents and a sibling for him now and fill mum in on the news thank you so much for yr help I'm not too good at researching.
Maz

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 23:19

Brother looks to be Terence:

You can search here:

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Rose

Marianne

Marianne Report 9 Mar 2014 23:19

All I have to go on is the notice in the paper which I came across by chance I was thinking of maybe writing a note/letter and asking them to pass it on to them....I knew he had a brother don't know if he knows of me I'm sure Mandy knows whom I am (mum said she did) but am not 100% as u have prob guessed I was the result of an affair...Dad did move in with us for a while in the 80,s he had a lab called pip a complicated situation all round ...
Maz

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 23:20

Parents?

Marriages Sep 1940
Ede Etheleen Masters Bodmin 5c 217
Masters Charles C Ede Bodmin 5c 217

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 23:26

Births Dec 1922
Ede Ethellene Matthews Bodmin 5c 87

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Mar 2014 23:28

Death registered as Etheline in 1997.

Rose

Marianne

Marianne Report 9 Mar 2014 23:31

Wow thank you very much your very good at research...Its very much appreciated.
Maz

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Mar 2014 00:00

On 192.com the 2002-2002 electoral roll had an Amanda living with a Stephen Ellis in Bodmin.

She was of the correct age.

Rose

Marianne

Marianne Report 10 Mar 2014 11:46

Yes that's her I have met Mandy and Steven as a child courage is what's needed to make contact...thanks for yr help :-)

Marianne

Marianne Report 10 Mar 2014 11:48

Well I hope its her anyway...