Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for a adopted sibling

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Feb 2014 11:10

I am looking for my sister who was adopted at birth my mum had to make the dreadful decision of giving her up. My mum named her claire hardy but the people that adopted her registers her so her name may not even be claire all I know is that she was born 17/06/1985. She was adopted by a nurse and I think a joiner or teacher! They moved to Chester le street. My mums names is Sharon hardy!!
Nay help will be greatly appreciated! <3

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Feb 2014 11:41

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register. If she knows that she was adopted, and is looking for birth family, she may have done the same

By law her birth should be registered in her birth name.

Any subsequent name change would be on an adoption cert, which you cannot access.

patchem

patchem Report 16 Feb 2014 13:26

Are you sure of the date of birth, as there is a Claire Hardy/Hardy born in the first quarter of 1985 in Durham Central?

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Feb 2014 18:29

Thanks Reggie and patchem it could be ,!, anything is hopeful I don't know much myself I'm also new to this I just would really like to find her-!!! :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Feb 2014 18:38

No its not her patchem she was defo born in june x