Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

james mitchell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2014 14:53

hi all I wondering if anybody could possibly help me find my father. his name is james Mitchell born in 1956 in Scotland I know his date of birth. as far as I am aware he has 11/12 siblings. two brothers john and brian which I remember and possibly a sister Theresa. I remember one trainer he worked for who I have made contact with but they have no forwarding information. I have no idea of his parents. I have found a transcript of their marriage certificate (in wales) but I have no idea how to read the information or how to extract each individual if it is possible. I am a total novice and find myself going around in circles. iv tried many times over the years but have failed. I know he met my mother in Newmarket where they both trained race horses. although he lived in wales it was only for a short time, he left approx. 6months after he got married to my mother. may 1991 roughly. my mam has told me he moved to Kentucky in America 1991/92ish.I also have his national health number.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 14:56

you need to look on Scotlands People and find his birth . you cant view the info online but can order a copy of his birth cert from them at £10

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 14:58

the marriage cert to your mum should show his dads name

what is mums maiden name?

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2014 14:58

I have looked on there and it says no records. thank you for your reply

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 15:02

so what have you found so far ??

the marriage cert will be the place to start

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2014 15:08

i have only see the one you can view on here. have no idea who his parents were. il order a copy of my mothers marriage certificate just read on another thread you can order them. my mother hasn't got her divorce papers either. to be honest i haven't found a lot well nothing that i didn't already know after hours and hours of searching. i have wrote to people on here who have his name on their tree but haven't had any replies as of yet

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 15:15

sorry but what you say doesnt help us who do look ups.

Get their marriage cert from

www.gro.gov.uk using the ref you have found

the cert will give their ages at marriage and fathers names.

Without any names we cant help sorry

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2014 15:19

ok thank you very much for replying every little helps as they say :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 15:19

so is mums maiden name James??

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 15:31

not seeing their marriage at all ???

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2014 15:35

my mum was ainger when she married which was her first husband surname which is my younger brother

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 15:38

Ok I see that marriage

buy the cert from the GRO cost £9.25 which should give his dads name

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jan 2014 15:40

aw thank you u must make so many people happy. no doubt u will see me pop up again soon. im going to get certificated ordered first thing in the morning and collect it if I can

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jan 2014 16:39

Dont think you can collect it , its held at Southport if you order using the GRO ref

Order online using the GRO ref and tick the box that asks if the GRO ref is known . you only need to use one name BUT use it at its shown on the Ref , put the GRO ref in the boxes where asked .

Will probably take up to 2 weeks to be sent to you