Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gillian Crayford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LOMO

LOMO Report 19 Nov 2013 23:16

Hi my name was Julie Tapping and I am trying to find an old school friend from Windsor

Than ks Julie Bates

patchem

patchem Report 19 Nov 2013 23:20

Do you know when she was born, and have you looked to see if she is in anyone's tree on here?

Added:
Are you sure of the spelling, and do you know if she was born locally?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Nov 2013 23:31

Look for her at Friends Reunited.........it is school-based.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Nov 2013 23:56

No sign of anyone born or married under that name. Are you sure of the spelling?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 20 Nov 2013 07:14

JoonieCloonie

Surely if it is an old school friend then Julie would be remembering her surname at school?

There is a Crayfourd and a Crawford born in about the correct year, if not the same place.

LOMO

LOMO Report 21 Nov 2013 23:27

Hi Patchem it is Gillian Crayford. I have tried Friends Reunited but find it completely useless!

Thanks everyone.

Regarding Soloman, i have tried all the trees on GR, but am now looking for further information on photos of Soloman and Family. I keep getting the same info from everyone!!
Julie

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Nov 2013 23:34

There are no Gillian Crayford births, marriagse or deaths showing on Ancestry, so either you have the wrong name, she was adopted or born outside England/Wales.

Who is Soloman?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 21 Nov 2013 23:35

Julie,

The problem is that there is no birth for a Gillian Crayford.

Could you confirm her birth year?

Do you know of any brothers or sisters, in case Gillian was her second name?

You have not mentioned Soloman before - was that on another thread?

LOMO

LOMO Report 22 Nov 2013 08:11

Soloman is the person mentioned in my other thread. I am looking for photos of Soloman Tapping and his Wife Susan Willott of Princes Risboro Bucks. I have all his other details.

Thanks everyone. I will give up on Gillian Crayford now. It is very strange. My other friend met her a few years ago. She seems to not exist or have disappeared.
I appreciate your help very much
Julie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2013 12:47

Your post implies that she was your friend.......was that not accurate?

LOMO

LOMO Report 22 Nov 2013 12:51

Yes Gillian was my friend til I was 8. She moved to Manchester? when her parents split and I went to Co Wicklow. She was born about 1956 and had two brothers David? and lived in Farnham Common
Julie

LOMO

LOMO Report 24 Nov 2013 22:07

Thanks everyone re Gillian Crayfourd - I think I have her on facebook. However, still trying to get photos of Soloman Tapping and his Wife. I got a newspaper article on Genes Reunited, but now they want me to pay for this service even though I am a Platinum Member. Don't think this is very fair!! I found his obituary in the Bucks Herald, but can't access it anymore. I would love to download it.

Genes Reunited has now reunited me (hopefully) with one of my best friends and also my Mum's Biological family. I am going to meet my Uncle Patrick in the Spring in Spain. It means so much to me and thank you. i could not have done it without Genes Reunited.

I now just need photos of Soloman and my searches will be complete!
Julie

patchem

patchem Report 25 Nov 2013 00:13

You have put 'Crayfourd' - is that her actual birth surname, not Crayford?

Have you asked genes why they want to charge you for the newspaper article?

jax

jax Report 25 Nov 2013 01:58

Platinum Membership

This is available for either one month or a year (£19.95/£79.95).

Features include:

• Contact other members from your search results

• Accept invitations to view their trees

• Post photos and scanned images such as certificates to your Keepsafe, and attach these images to relations in your tree

• Add messages to the message boards

You also get access to these records

• Indexed birth, marriage and death records from 1837 - 2006

• England and Wales Census records from 1841 to 1911

• Scottish census from 1841 to 1901

• Overseas birth, marriage and death records

• UK Electoral Roll information for 2002-2013

If you want to broaden your search, as a Platinum member you can buy additional access to more record sets, including

• Military records

• Parish records

• Travel and Overseas records

• British Newspaper Archive content

Standard Membership

This is available for either six months or a year (£14.95/£19.95). You’ll enjoy the same features as the Platinum package, but you only get access to the non-indexed births, marriage and death records. You can buy credits to access the rest of the records if you want to take your search further.

And if you’re curious to know more, but not sure you want to subscribe yet, you can register and build your family tree for free and buy Pay Per View credits to view records. They cost £5 for 50 credits or £17.95 for 200 credits and give you access to all of our records.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=177