Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Paul Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tmich_uk

tmich_uk Report 18 Oct 2013 00:29

Looking for a Paul Smith, at one point lived in Crewe, Cheshire.

Had a brief relationship with Jean Whitehouse in the mid 1980's,
Jean is from Wolverhampton,

His approx age, maybe 40s to 60s. Think born mid 1950s though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

jax

jax Report 18 Oct 2013 00:47

I just looked on freebmd and searched for Paul Smith from 1950 - 1970 and there were 4587 born in England and Wales between those years

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

It is very unlikely that anyone knowing him will see this, so you would need to give more accurate info for anyone to be able to help

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Oct 2013 09:42

Please remove the medical reference.................invasion of privacy

Presumably, you've been told you're related............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Oct 2013 16:44

Well, the OP returned................................!

tmich_uk

tmich_uk Report 18 Oct 2013 21:20

I am genuinely searching for a family member - Reggie, there is no need for your comments!

I wouldnt be looking for him, if I wasnt related, and it wasnt important, and possibly DETRIMENTAL, to my seriously ill, 9 month old daughters health.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Oct 2013 21:55

It wouldn't have hurt to acknowledge the replies...............................

Any questions which are asked are to try to help you.....................

We could make all sorts of wild assumptions.....................facts are the currency of research.

However, I would think that your chances of finding this man must be minimal......................if the woman who bore his child doesn't know even when he was born - or where - there is not much hope that anyone else will know who he is.

This is purely being realistic.

If Jean had at least known his DOB, you'd have a glimmer..................

I'm truly sorry that your child is ill - I hope things improve rapidly

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Oct 2013 21:58

Does Jean know his address in Crewe ( or wherever they met) at the time? If so you could check the electoral register to see if anyone lived with him who is more traceable and might know his whereabouts. .

tmich_uk

tmich_uk Report 18 Oct 2013 22:18

I would have replied to the earlier comments, if I didnt have a seriously ill daughter, that needs 24 hour care, her condition can be fatal.

I have tried everywhere I can think, and so has my husband. The electoral register I found was only 2002 onwards. I'm presuming the last known address we have, was back in the late 80s.

All Jean was willing to give was the last known address she had for him, but dont think I would be allowed to post it? Still new to all of this

jax

jax Report 18 Oct 2013 22:21

You would need to contact the nearest main library to that address to find out who he was living with on the electoral roll

tmich_uk

tmich_uk Report 18 Oct 2013 23:04

right i will look into doing that, thank you

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Oct 2013 01:16

You also might discover a middle initial if you are lucky.

Rose

Aussietrish

Aussietrish Report 19 Oct 2013 02:04

Hi, Because you call your mum Jean, I am wondering if you were adopted. If so I wonder if it is worthwhile contacting the authorities and asking if your father is named , DOB, occupation etc. Routinely they do not give out fathers names (if on file)because they assume the birth mom is trying to name some poor random sod as the father. They may release it due to the medical issues.
if you were bought up by your mum, did she recieve maintainance from him. If so might be worth trying to track him via the social security dept. You may need the back up of your daughters doctors for the information to be relaesed.
I assume you have already had a chat to Jeans parents and siblings etc

tmich_uk

tmich_uk Report 19 Oct 2013 06:47

Hi, Aussietrish, just responded to your message. Jean is my husbands Mother. He has never met his birth father. No name on the birth certificate or anything.

Lucky to get what little info we did get!

And the family, isnt exactly on talking terms, so all contact details, we dont have. On her side!