Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Clare Mackenzie Born 1968 Stourbridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Oct 2013 22:53

Hi,

I am looking for a lady born in St Mary Stevens hospital, Stourbridge in August 1968. After birth she went straight to live with a foster family, possibly in Rugely. Can anyone please help me to trace this lady, this is potentially life changing and I really would like to help find her.

I have no idea where to begin to trace someone so I really would appreciate any help or advice.

Thank you in anticipation,

Sarah

jax

jax Report 2 Oct 2013 00:37

Welcome to the boards Sarah

There is someone who has a Clare Mackenzie born 1968 in their tree although it does say north of England??...her name is Clare

There are only two Clare's born that year and the other was in Essex so that's not North England either

Maybe worth contacting her....but the account is 6 years old hopefully she has not change her email address

Penny

Penny Report 2 Oct 2013 06:18

Presume she was adopted, not returned to her mother?

In which case, registering on the adoption contact register is the best way to go.

She might still be Clare, or she might not, She almost certainly wont be using the name Mackenzie, if she was adopted.

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Oct 2013 15:22

Hi,

Thank you so much for your replies. I did contact the Clare that you have mentioned but have not had a reply which suggests as you say, a possible change of email address. Very frustrating! The interesting thing with this Clare is that she is now showing on Genes Reunited as Clare Perks but I cannot find a Mackenzie to Perks marriage certificate which may suggest a change of name for another reason?

I have never done anything like this before so do pardon my ignorance. Is registering on the adoption contact register the way forward do you think? Is there anything else I could do?

Thank you so much for your help,
Sarah

patchem

patchem Report 6 Oct 2013 15:28

Put Clare in your tree on here, so that if she comes looking she will know that others are aware of her, and she can contact you.

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Oct 2013 15:38

She is not actually my relative though. She is the birth daughter of my mother in law.

patchem

patchem Report 7 Oct 2013 07:19

You can still put her in your tree.

Has your mother in law put her name on the register?

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Sarah

Sarah Report 7 Oct 2013 10:20

No, she is very frightened of rejection so will not do this herself. Her sister and myself are trying on her behalf and hope to bring her some good news.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sarah

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Oct 2013 16:39

Her sister (Clare's aunt) could probably add her own name - if 'Clare' doesn't want contact, then she won't follow up on the listing

You and the Aunt could do the preparation work, and explain to 'Clare' the circumstances leading to her adoption/fostering

jax

jax Report 8 Oct 2013 16:43

Have you looked to see if your mother in law is in Clare's tree?

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Oct 2013 22:59

Hi,

I can't seem to access Clares tree? I think it may be private.

Yes, that was the plan Detective, i think your suggestion is the way forward. If only there was another means if contacting members on here. I do think Clare must have changed her email address. Before returning to Genes Reunited for this I hadn't been on here for 6 years and my registration was through an old email address which no longer works. I have of course changed this now but I suspect Clare may be in the same situation and for that reason is not receiving my messages.

I must want to contact her and find out either way of she is the right person. It's so frustrating.

If we register with the Adoption Contact Register is it just a waiting game?

Thanks so much to everyone for your replies so far.

Kind Regards
Sarah

jax

jax Report 9 Oct 2013 23:25

All trees are private unless you have been given access

Have you searched for you mother in laws name in the 'search all trees' to see if Clare has her in her tree?

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Oct 2013 23:30

Yes I have, I can't see that she has. X

patchem

patchem Report 10 Oct 2013 07:11

Information here about the register for you to understand the situation, it is just to wait:

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

'This is not a tracing service - for a connection to be made between people, you must both be on the Adoption Contact Register. '