Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adoption certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith Rosemary

Judith Rosemary Report 31 Aug 2013 18:32

Hi has anyone been researching adoptions in 1971 I am looking for certificate in volume 711 and 712 I have most of 712 but unfortunetly not been lucky in tracing child born in 1970 and adopted in 71 .
Would love some help if possible.

Penny

Penny Report 31 Aug 2013 18:40

what do you want someone to do?- a can search if you
tell me what to search for

Judith Rosemary

Judith Rosemary Report 31 Aug 2013 20:50

I have researched all boys born in 1970 and adopted in 1971 I believe the boy I am searching in volume 711 I thought it was 712 and have loads of certicates but I believe 711 is dates listed in the adoption register to be around jan 1971 if you have any certs would be really gratefull
thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2013 08:54

I'm sure you've asked about this before................

Are you related to this child whose records you are trying to access?

Judith Rosemary

Judith Rosemary Report 1 Sep 2013 23:01

Yes Reggie the child is related to me and I am not trying to locate his adoption records because that is not possible as you know.
But anyone can send for adoption certificate which I have done several hundreds of time but there are thousands of children adopted in 71 .
All I am asking is wether anyone eles has sent for adoption cert (birth register for adoptive children) and would be willing to share with me.
I also know the law changed and I can apply to have contact but not all areas do that and there is waiting list if and when that is possible .
I am on the adoptive register as well .