Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Wood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carina

Carina Report 14 Aug 2013 01:12

Hi Everyone,
We are searching for David K Wood born 1945 in Wales. He moved to Tulse Hill, London as a child. We also know he lived in Tonbridge Wells in the 1970s after he married a lady called Maureen. If anyone knows of David's whereabouts we would be very grateful for any information. Thank you.

patchem

patchem Report 14 Aug 2013 06:44

For background:

There is a marriage for a David K Wood in Tonbridge in 1969, but I can see no birth in Wales for him in 1945 as David K.

Do you know who his parents were?

Could you say how you are related to him?

Thank-you

patchem

patchem Report 14 Aug 2013 06:53

There is a birth for a daughter in 1972, Tonbridge, and then a son in 1974 in Devon (as the mother's surname is not that common). Were you aware of this?

Carina

Carina Report 14 Aug 2013 14:50

Hi,
Thank you for you message. I will private message you our relationship as I'm not sure if I should post it on this board.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Aug 2013 15:55

Birth is on FMP............freebmd isn't complete for the war years

Carina

Carina Report 14 Aug 2013 17:45

Hi Reggie,
Yes I managed to find i on FMP thanks but not on Free bmd. David Wood certainly lived in Tunbridge Wells in the 1970s and possibly Devon as well. No idea as to where he may be now but he obviously has connections to London and Kent, so hoping someone in these areas may know of his whereabouts x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Aug 2013 23:06

Presumably, you - or someone you know - has been told that this man is/was his/her father.

Is he likely to know of this child?

It's not likely that anyone using these boards will just happen to know him....................or his whereabouts.

Have you checked whether he is in anyone's GR tree.......................he would have had to give permission for that person to include him..............

patchem

patchem Report 14 Aug 2013 23:40

Have you put David and any of his family that you know of, in your tree?
I know that you should have permission, but sometimes this can lead to results.

Carina

Carina Report 15 Aug 2013 14:10

Hi Reggie,
Yes he did know of his child's existence but was not permitted to be involved. We have only fairly recently found out that he was my husband's natural father. By a complete stroke of luck I found someone on FR who knew him and was able to give us the information we needed to identify him...before that we only had a name, an approximate DOB and his place of residence at the time of my husband's birth in 1964. I have tried family trees on here, but have had no luck so far. Now I can trace his ancestors I may have a stroke of luck...you never know. Thanks for your help.

Carina

Carina Report 15 Aug 2013 14:19

Thanks Patchem...to be honest I didn't know you had to have permission...whoops x