Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

seeking Information on Valerie Ann Hill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Aug 2013 07:58

hi everyone. I am seeking information about my birth mother - Valerie Ann Hill, born 1943 South East England - maybe London or Kent. I was given up for adoption in 1967.

any leads would be welcome.

thanks
Lisa

patchem

patchem Report 11 Aug 2013 08:07

Welcome to the boards, Lisa.

Have you looked to see if anyone on here has a Valerie Hill, 1943 in their tree?

How sure are you of the birth date and place?

There are Valerie A Hill's born in Hailsham, Surrey North Western, and also possibly North Bucks in the South East region.
Have you considered buying the birth certificates for further information, and possibly to rule out if not 'Ann'?

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Aug 2013 11:56

Hi Pat, her Name and year of birth a both stated on my original birth cert, so that is how 1943 came about. I don't know where she was born - but I know from some correspondence between the adoption agency and my adopted parents that she lived with her parents in Bexleyheath at the time of my adoption in 1967. i have sent emails to those Val Hills mentioned in GR and to people who own trees.

thanks so much for your response.

Lisa

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Aug 2013 09:26

There's only 1 birth for 1943 in Surrey .however not sure how you will know if its the right lady .

It may be worth trying to find her on the electoral rolls for 1967 They will be at the main library or records office for the area

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Aug 2013 09:30

Parents of the 1943 lady

Name: John F Hill
Spouse Surname: Hiller
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1939
Registration District: Bromley
Inferred County: Kent
Volume Number: 2a
Page Number: 3267
Find Spouse: Doris A Hiller

May help with the electoral roll look up