Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My father Edward Joseph Byrne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Jul 2013 22:41

Born in Dublin. During the war worked at Southalls, Birmingham. He and my mother did not marry and the relationship ended before I was born in 1943. Know that he later had other children, got onto a bus when I was about twelve and he was on there already with a lady and two children, but was not told of this until in my twenties. Adopted by my maternal grandparents and grew up at the same address in Birmingham that he knew of. He lived in the Green Lane, Small Heath area. Would love to hear from anyone who knows anything of him or family
Margaret

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Jul 2013 22:46

"During the year worked at Southalls, Birmingham"

Which year?

Try Friends reunited, which has a workplace section

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Jul 2013 22:51

Welcome to the boards Margaret. Do you know when your father was born?

There are several deaths for the name Edward J. Bryne in Warwickshire but without knowing how old he was it's impossible to know if any of them is him.

Kath. x

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Jul 2013 23:57

My father worked at Southalls 1942/3, came over from Dublin for work with a brother (name unknown) and I believe lived Green Lane, Small Heath area.
He would have been born early 20's possibly, my mother being born 1926 and I know that he was a little older than her.
Margaret

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jul 2013 01:28

Kath,

I'm not seeing any deaths or marriages for an Edward Bryne. Where are you looking?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jul 2013 01:37

Margaret,

Can you check the spelling of the surname? You have written BRYNE, do you mean BYRNE?

Rose

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Jul 2013 09:46

There are two possible deaths (if he stayed in Warwickshire):-

Name: BYRNE, Edward Joseph
Registration district: Coventry
County: Warwickshire
Year of registration: 1988
Month of registration: August
Date of birth: 17 May 1923
Volume no: 33
Page no: 369
Reg no: 888

OR:-

Name: BYRNE, Edward Joseph
Registration district: Coventry
County: Warwickshire
Year of registration: 1989
Month of registration: May
Date of birth: 17 April 1920
Volume no: 33
Page no: 408
Reg no: 589

Found these on Findmypast.

EDIT - Just realised that I had ticked the varients box without realising so these may not be him.

Kath. x