Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tell How old membership number is ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Jul 2013 23:55

Is there still a way to tell when a member joined this site ? when you clicked onto to post a message to someone , it used to say how long they had been on this site for, is there anyway to find that out now ? thanks

jax

jax Report 26 Jul 2013 01:45

Roughly you can

From 2007 the numbers have gone up approx. a million each year so I joined in 2007 and my membership number is 7 million + new members joining in 2013 have a membership number 13 million+

Before that it is harder but obviously longer than 6 years ago

If you put your curser over my profile pic you can see when I joined, but if you are sending a message via the search trees you will only see a number...you can see my number at the bottom left of the screen if you hover your curser over my name

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Jul 2013 20:02

Hi Jax,

Thanks for getting back to me, I know if there is a post you can get the number, the amount of posts the person have submitted and when they joined. But if you want to send a message to someone then it is now a rough estimate of when they joined bu their membership number ?

jax

jax Report 26 Jul 2013 20:21

Is this when you find a contact through the search trees?

If so, as I said just look at the number by their name after you have clicked on find out more...it is only a rough estimate though

They have never said how long someone has been a member on there (not to my knowledge anyway)...only under the profile pic for the last two years

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Jul 2013 21:25

Yes, it is :) just wondered many times people are not replying to messages, helps to be able to know when they joined the site.