Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Victor John King (Uncle Bob)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 5 Jul 2013 23:39

I've been trying to find information on my uncle, Victor John King with no success. He was my mother's younger brother and born in 1921 the son of William J C King and Henrietta Price. He was one of 7 children, most of whom died young. Uncle Bob married Elsie Brough during WW2 and when she died he married her sister Grace Brough. Elsie and Bob had 2 children, Joyce and John. I've also lost contact with them. Joyce was born in 1944 and John about 1946.

The family used to live in Raynes Park, London (Dupont Road) and then in a flat in South Wimbledon. After that, I've lost trace.

Can anyone help please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jul 2013 10:16

Welcome to the Boards Ann

As he was born in 1921, he may have died by now. Death gro references only go up to 2006.

Have you searched all trees on this site to see if anyone else has the family listed?
Do his children have middle names? You could look for their biths and subsequent marriages on this site, or http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Check Facebook and other social networking sites for Joyce and John.

Contact the local council or main library and ask for an ER look up for the last known address. At least you'll have a better idea of when they moved or came off the list.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jul 2013 10:18

John ( no middle initial) might have been born 1948 in Surrey Mid Eastern reg district.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jul 2013 10:20

Victor's birth was registered in 1919

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jul 2013 10:33

Marriages Jun 1940 (>99%)
Brough Elsie King Surrey Mid.E. 2a 1079
King Victor J Brough Surrey Mid.E. 2a 1079

The 1948 birth is the only one for King/Brough in the area of the marriage

It would seem more probable that Joyce was born to this couple...one of a number of King/Brough children registered in the area of the marriage

Marriages Jun 1925 (>99%)
Brough Ellen King Chesterfield 7b 1831
King John G Brough Chesterfield 7b 1831

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jul 2013 10:34

Victor and Grace married in 1989

Ann

Ann Report 6 Jul 2013 23:03

Thanks for all that. Joyce may have been born in Chesterfield as this was where her mother originated. John too, if Elsie went home to have her children. I'll follow that up.