Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOOKING FOR KAREN ELLIOTT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

samantha

samantha Report 30 Jun 2013 17:40

my husband Kevin found out just before his 40th Birthday (30 months ago) by accident that he has a full biological sister, birth name Karen Elliott, 5th (we think) October 1964 born in HOWDEN Yorkshire, adopted at 8 months old by a couple in Leeds, my husband had been desperate to trace her, even if its just to let him know that she is safe, happy and has had a good life, weve tried almost everything! We had to try a few more things, we cant give up.
Best wishes
Samantha

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Jun 2013 17:54

Hi Samantha.
When you say you have tried 'almost everything', can you say what those things are please, to save us suggesting stuff you have already done?
The most obvious thing is for your husband to put his details on the National Adoption Register, has he done that?
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 30 Jun 2013 17:56

Have you entered your parents and Karen on your tree on here, so that if she ever comes looking she can contact you?

samantha

samantha Report 30 Jun 2013 18:30

Yes hun we've paid to go on the adoption register, we've posted on adoption.com, anything to do with Karen Elliott wev'e private messaged like loonies on social media sites, and we've put the mum and dads details on here too, For family reasons we cant put Karen on our family tree just yet, there are nephews and nieces that don't know. Fingers crossed we may have stumbled on a lead, i'll keep you updated!
Thanks for your input ;0)