Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Montgomery of Glasgow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 30 Jun 2013 13:18

Hi,
I'm trying to trace a John Montgomery, son of William Somerville Montgomery and Mary McInally.. John was born in Glasgow circa 1946 and he married a Maureen Elizabeth McNally in 1968. His father William died in 1972 and his mother Mary in 1964.. I believe John and Maureen Elizabeth have one son called Derek John Montgomery born in 1972 who is married to a Swedish woman called Christina.

John Somerville,s mother Mary McInally Somerville is my great aunt and I'm hoping to contact John to share family pictures. Any help much appreciated

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jun 2013 14:37

You need Scotlands People site for BMDS its a pay to view site.

Look on Search Trees to see if anyone has them in their tree .you can then conact them for any further records they may have .

Try the electoral rolls for any possible address but many folks now opt out of public records

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Jul 2013 12:55

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for taking the time to reply - and to others who replied on the duplicate thread I made by accident! I've been on Scotland's People - but better still been to Mitchell Library in Glasgow where I can view all records for a flat fee instead of the pay per view on the online site. I will keep trying others' trees on here to see what I can find,unfortuantely have hit a dead end with electoral rolls.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 1 Jul 2013 19:05

Have you looked on bt telephone enquiries online - there are several with the initial "J" in Glasgow,
Good luck, Liz