Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacting matched relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 24 Jun 2013 21:15

Hi there, i was wondering if there was anyone who knows how to contact relatives other than message. I have found my Birth Sisters which i am 100% certain that it is them and have tried messaging but it's been 7 months and ive had no reply. I would like to contact them as i've never met them.

Graham

Graham Report 24 Jun 2013 21:36

I've had the same problem as you Matthew. Unfortunately, there is no other way of contacting these people without knowing their contact details (such as address & phone number) :-(

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Jun 2013 22:35

Welcome to the boards Matthew.
Have you tried other means of tracing them, such as Facebook, Friends Reunited or 192.com?
Are they old enough to have married?
Jan

Mandy1

Mandy1 Report 27 Jun 2013 14:17

Hi Matthew
I dont know lots but a mediator could/should be used. If you go to your city council and enquire they will put you in touch with someone that will be able to help. There may be a small fee though.

~Mandy~

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jun 2013 14:23

Were you/they adopted?

If so, add yourself to the national adoption contact register

Matthew

Matthew Report 28 Jun 2013 18:45

Thanks all for your replies, i have tried facebook but i have found no luck with it.

I myself was adopted when i was very young but im not sure about my sisters as all the info i have on them is their names which was on the back of the only photo i have of them.

i will go to the local council if i can't find an alternative.

Thank you all again,

Regards Matt

jax

jax Report 28 Jun 2013 18:59

If they are at an age where they could of married before 2005 have you tried looking for a marriage for either of them?
Or looked for them on 192.com?

Mandy1

Mandy1 Report 4 Jul 2013 11:46

Good luck Matthew

~Mandy~