Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for James Brearley or sons

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 17 Jun 2013 22:32

I'm trying to find my mothers father JAMES BREARLEY (spelling may alter) who would be about 70 odd yrs old. Worked in a Brewery in Manchester in late 50s before moving to Wales. My mothers name would've been CHRISTINA HERRIOT and it changed to STEWART when she was young. He had, i believe two older sons from a relationship where he was married and his partner knew about Christina and offered, when they moved, to bring Christina up as their own. My mums mum is called MURIEL STEWART nee HERRIOT., they lived in Ardwick & Falafield Manchester. My mum is now 53 and would like to meet her dad or half brothers and they were last known to be around Wales on a farm in - Anglesey, Please contact if you have any information. THANKYOU xx

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 17 Jun 2013 22:48

Christina and Muriel are both listed as Herriott.

Looks like Herriott has 2 Ts.

Rose

Donna

Donna Report 17 Jun 2013 22:58

Thankyou, i think you are right i missed the other T x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jun 2013 13:49

Do you know his partners name? Were they married ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2013 13:52

You say he was married...........then mention 'partner'.

A married man has a wife.................

Look for a possible marriage on freebmd...................

www.freebmd.org.uk

Donna

Donna Report 18 Jun 2013 16:59

I believe he was married, we do not have much information as my nan would never speak about it to my mun as she married another man and was not really allowed to. Unfortunately my nan now has dementia so has no idea of anything. All we really managed to find out was that he worked in a brewery with my nan and had an affair, my mum saw her dad until she was 5, they offered to take my mum with them as part of the family when the moved to Wales but she did not go so contact ceased. Will take a look at the site Reggie but we do not a present know his wifes name (presuming she was his wife) xx

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Jun 2013 18:13

James is probably nearer 80, given that he was already married with 2 children and your mum was born in 57.

Do you know where in Wales he lived?

Rose

Donna

Donna Report 18 Jun 2013 18:36

He moved to Wales early 60s with his family to a farm in Anglesey we believe, i know its not much info, my nan hasnt been that helpful and my mum was so little she only got snippets from my nan when she was younger. I think he would be quite elderley if even alive still, but it would be lovely if he was just so my mum could maybe meet her half brothers..
Donna

Donna

Donna Report 18 Jun 2013 18:52

The only James Bearley birth around that time in Manchester i found was in 1929 but im dont know how to check if this person has been married or had children or maybe passed away.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2013 22:35

No death up to 2006 in Wales for any JB born 1929

No death for the name in Anglesey at all...................

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2013 22:42

Have you tried Friends reunited?

They have a workplace section..................

Look for a brewery in Manchester in 1958/9

Please don't assume that he was born in Manchester because he worked there.................

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Jun 2013 23:16

Are you sure the spelling in Brearley? Could it also be Brierley?

Rose

Donna

Donna Report 19 Jun 2013 20:23

Thankyou Reggie will try that and i will double check with my mum Rose but i think that was how it was spelt. Thankyou for the advice. x