Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for bilogcal father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

louise

louise Report 14 Apr 2013 13:44

Hi my names Louise I was born on 18th March 1973 in Lambeth hospital. I am trying to locate my birth father who is Stephen Gates 1954 in Bethnal Green. My birth mother is Gwen Fletcher who I think was born in 1954. I only have one address for Stephen which was Oldford Road, Hackney where I believe he was living about 30-31 years ago. If anyone can help me please contact me. Thanks. :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Apr 2013 14:07

Hi Louise and welcome to the boards.

It would be good if you could remove your email address as you are not allowed to post it on the boards.

Prickles. :-)

Have you tried......

192.com
Facebook
Friends Reunited
BT.com

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2013 14:23

Louise, you must also remove his exact birth date before your thread gets pulled by Genes - doesn't help in your search anyway.
Have you checked the address you have on the electoral register to see who else was living there? It might help if it looks like they were family members. A long shot but you never know!
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2013 14:26

Worth pointing out there is only really one birth which fits, both in registration and area. If it is him, he didn't have a middle name, which would help exclude others on 192.com.
It looks possible he had a sister?
Jan

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Apr 2013 14:31

Possible birth of mother sent by PM. (MMN Hughes)

As Louise is a new member......i have also asked if she would remove her email address and birth details.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2013 14:31

I have sent details of possible sibling plus her marriage - name is very unusual so if it's her is easy to find on 192.com

jax

jax Report 14 Apr 2013 14:58

So you were adopted and Louise was not your birth name? have you found your birth mother who seems to be quite young when you were born?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Apr 2013 14:59

I think there are possibly 2 sisters.

Parents marriage.......

England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005
about Joseph J H Gates
Name: Joseph J H Gates
Spouse Name: Lilian F P Highfield
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1953
Registration district: Bethnal Green
Inferred County: Middlesex
Volume Number: 5c
Page Number: 307

England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005
about Joseph J H Gates
Mother's Maiden Surname: Saunders
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1923
Registration district: Bethnal Green
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume Number: 1c
Page Number: 249 (

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006
about Joseph J H Gates
Birth Date: abt 1923
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1963
Age at Death: 40
Registration district: Stepney
Inferred County: London
Volume: 5d
Page: 525

England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005
about Lilian F P Highfield
Name: Lilian F P Highfield
Mother's Maiden Surname: Bond
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1929
Registration district: Stepney
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume Number: 1c
Page Number: 273

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006
about Lilian Florence P Gates
Name: Lilian Florence P Gates
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1929
Date of Registration: Jun 1988
Age at Death: 59
Registration district: Tower Hamlets
Inferred County: London
Volume: 14
Page: 1096

This might help if you wanted to search other members trees for any connections to this family.

patchem

patchem Report 14 Apr 2013 15:02

This is the original posting, with certain information removed:

'Hi my names Louise I was born March 1973 in Lambeth hospital.
I am trying to locate my birth father who is Stephen Gates born, 1954 in Bethnal Green.
My birth mother is Gwen Fletcher who I think was born in 1954.
I only have one address for Stephen which was Oldford Road, Hackney where I believe he was living about 30-31 years ago.
If anyone can help me please contact me at. Thanks.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Apr 2013 15:10

Louise is a brand new member.........so whoever RR'd her post could have at least given her the chance to edit it!!

Strewth!!

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2013 16:09

Not me! Whoever it was should at least have the decency to say that they have done it and why.
Jan

louise

louise Report 14 Apr 2013 20:47

Hi Everyone sorry I put in information I shouldn't have on my previous thread I would have appreciated someone telling me they had amended my thread for me as I have been trying to do this myself. I am new to these sorts of message boards and am afraid I am not very good. My birth name was sheree gates. I have found my birth mother but she has not got any further information that can help me. I am not a fan of face book so will not be looking on there as I do not want an account with fb. Thank you all for your help and advice and if someone would be kind enough to tell me how I amend a message/thread I would appreciate it. :-(

patchem

patchem Report 14 Apr 2013 21:01

Unfortunately you cannot amend it once it is under review.

So it might get whooshed away if genes decides to remove it.

If it does disappear, could you just repost it afresh, but meanwhile copy all the information found so we do not have to look for it again.

Sorry about that.

Pamz

Pamz Report 14 Apr 2013 21:08

Hi Louise I have private messaged you.

I have found him...