Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Peter Flynn 1787 and any relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caledonian

Caledonian Report 8 Oct 2012 02:28

I was born Robert Gordon Flynn and later adopted when my mother married (hence my surname Ross). Having researched my family tree I found Ive been able to go back to about 1787 where Peter Flynn or Flinn (1787 - 1863) married either legally or by common law Mary Derrick both born in Ireland. They had a son Peter around 1820 who married Catherine Scully (1821-1865) both born in Ireland. They subsequently had a son Patrick (1839-1903) who married Rose Phin (1837-1893) in 1861 in Dundee Scotland. I believe Catherine, Patrick & Rose came to Dundee Scotland in the late 1950's to work in the jute industry. The Flynn family I belong to is quite extensive and I've not traced everyone. I would so much like to find out if there are any existing relatives in Ireland. Please get back to me if you have any information.

Bob Ross

jax

jax Report 8 Oct 2012 03:46

Hi Caledonian welcome to the boards

Have you searched the trees on this site looking for any connections?