Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for Susan Leary from Gateshead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Sep 2012 14:42

Hi I have just found my dad's half brother , Robert Leary . Robert does not have much info about his past apart from He was born in Gateshead in 1945 and that he had a sister called Susan Leary born 1949, Robert & susan were split up and Robert has been trying to locate her whereabouts for many years now . If anyone can help with any more details that would be great . Susan may be married now so would have different surname .

Kindest regards Sandra

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2012 15:29

Did they have the same parents Sandra? Wondering if you have found her birth on the indexes, to see if she had a middle initial.
Jan

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Sep 2012 15:47

Hi robert & susan had same parents , I know there dad (my grandad) was stephen Leary 1909-1960 . sorry don't have mums full name but i believe forename to be lilly

Sandra

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2012 15:53

Have found birth entries - she had no middle initial.
Do you believe she was separated from her parents? I am asking as if so there is no point finding out what became of them.
I shall PM you details of Robert and Susan's births.
Jan

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Sep 2012 15:57

Thanks for your help Jan , not 100% sure , will contact Robert & find out

Sandra

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2012 16:02

There is only one marriage for a Susan Leary in co. Durham. Will PM details.
Jan

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Sep 2012 16:05

Thanks , thats brill

Sandra :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2012 16:08

Interesting! There is a William W. Padgett on 192.com, along with Susan Padgett and a David Leary.
You need credits to see address etc but worth it if only to discount them.
Jan

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Sep 2012 16:18

Hi just looked on there lol ,
must have missed them x
will go back onto it

thanks sandra

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Sep 2012 16:24

Hi just looked on there lol ,
must have missed them x
will go back onto it