Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Thomas O' Brien in Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cavin

Cavin Report 4 Sep 2012 19:48

my name is Cavin O' Brien i am looking for my Cousin Thomas O' Brien (or his Family) Son of James and Josephine O' Brien Thomas was born in Liverpool England 24/4/1933 He lived at 56 Easby Road Kirkdale Liverpool until 1955 when he left to go to Australia he arrived there I believe in October 1955

jax

jax Report 4 Sep 2012 20:02

Have you tried the Australian white pages (phone book) ?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2012 15:09

This is him presumably. There appear to be several siblings haing checked on Freebmd. Did they stay in the UK?

Josephine's name is fairly unusual, though not unique. I would try 'search trees' to see if anyone shares this family.

Births Jun 1933
O'BRIEN Thomas Parle W.Derby 8b 838

Marriages Mar 1928
O'BRIEN James Farle W. Derby 8b 598
O'Brien James Parle W.Derby 8b 598
PARLE Josephine O'Brien West Derby 8b 598

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2012 15:15

I see you have Josephine born 1909. Are you confident about this? If so this might be her death - the cert might offer some clues. Hopefully the informant was a family member:

Name: Josephine O'Brien
Birth Date: 9 Sep 1908
Date of Registration: May 1985
Age at Death: 76
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 36
Page: 791

Jan