Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking For Any Relatives... Watson\Fugler family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 27 Aug 2012 10:37

Hello, my name is Lawrence Watson. I've been doing extensive research on my family's genealogy. I'm hoping to find some living relatives, specifically those of you in England. I'm not British, I was born in the United States. However, I am hopeful that there is family for me in England and here's why...

My great-grandparents Percy Bowden Watson and Ada Alberta Fugler came to the U.S. after having been married in England in 1907 and 1910 respectively. However, the rest of their siblings remained in the UK to my knowledge. Aging letters that remain in my family possession seem to confirm this. I will provide information below that I do know and hopefully if you recognize any names or anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Siblings of Percy Bowden Watson:

Frederick William Splatt Watson (1870 - ?) I don't know much about him except he was married to a woman named Elizabeth Durell.

Alfred Splatt Watson (1872 - 1959) I know he lived in Portsmouth, Hampshire and was married to a woman named Beatrice Hutchings. They had several children: Beatrice, Violet, Alfred, Thomas, Frederick, Lillian, Holly and Winifred.

Rodney John Splatt Watson (1877 - 1931) I don't believe he ever married or had children.

Philip Owen Symonds Watson (1882 - 1960) I know he lived in Plymouth and was a school teacher for more than 30 years. He was married twice. First to a woman named Mabel Organ and then to a woman named Dulcie Burke. Letters from he to my great-grandfather mention "children", though I only know of one child born before 1911. Howard Watson who was born in 1906.

Siblings of Ada Alberta Fugler:

Richard John Johns Fugler (1874 - 1900) Married to a woman named Maryann Giles and had one child, Winifred.

Bertha Louise Fugler (1879 - 1908) Married to a man named William G. Rowe. They had a son, Leslie Leo Rowe (1912 - 1963).

Clara Fugler (1882 - 1940) Married to Arthur N. Ryley. They had a daughter named Mabel Ryley (1915 - 2001)

Cora Mabel Fugler (1884 - 1980) Married to a man named William J. Scantlebury. Had a son named Clifford Scantlebury (1911 - 1982).

Norman Arthur Fugler (1888 - 1968) I don't know if he was married or not. Have no information other than birth-death dates.

Leopold Algernon Fugler (1890 - 1933) Unknown if married. I do know that he left Cornwall where the rest of the family had come from and moved to Toronto, Canada.

I'm very sorry if this thread has been far too long, but I'm hopeful with the information I've provided I could find any among you who are related to me. Best regards.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Aug 2012 10:41

Oops - you have clicked 'submit' twice! have replied on other thread. Best to delete this one - just click 'delete' at topof your posting.
Jan