Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking For Any Relatives... Watson\Fugler family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 27 Aug 2012 10:36

Hello, my name is Lawrence Watson. I've been doing extensive research on my family's genealogy. I'm hoping to find some living relatives, specifically those of you in England. I'm not British, I was born in the United States. However, I am hopeful that there is family for me in England and here's why...

My great-grandparents Percy Bowden Watson and Ada Alberta Fugler came to the U.S. after having been married in England in 1907 and 1910 respectively. However, the rest of their siblings remained in the UK to my knowledge. Aging letters that remain in my family possession seem to confirm this. I will provide information below that I do know and hopefully if you recognize any names or anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Siblings of Percy Bowden Watson:

Frederick William Splatt Watson (1870 - ?) I don't know much about him except he was married to a woman named Elizabeth Durell.

Alfred Splatt Watson (1872 - 1959) I know he lived in Portsmouth, Hampshire and was married to a woman named Beatrice Hutchings. They had several children: Beatrice, Violet, Alfred, Thomas, Frederick, Lillian, Holly and Winifred.

Rodney John Splatt Watson (1877 - 1931) I don't believe he ever married or had children.

Philip Owen Symonds Watson (1882 - 1960) I know he lived in Plymouth and was a school teacher for more than 30 years. He was married twice. First to a woman named Mabel Organ and then to a woman named Dulcie Burke. Letters from he to my great-grandfather mention "children", though I only know of one child born before 1911. Howard Watson who was born in 1906.

Siblings of Ada Alberta Fugler:

Richard John Johns Fugler (1874 - 1900) Married to a woman named Maryann Giles and had one child, Winifred.

Bertha Louise Fugler (1879 - 1908) Married to a man named William G. Rowe. They had a son, Leslie Leo Rowe (1912 - 1963).

Clara Fugler (1882 - 1940) Married to Arthur N. Ryley. They had a daughter named Mabel Ryley (1915 - 2001)

Cora Mabel Fugler (1884 - 1980) Married to a man named William J. Scantlebury. Had a son named Clifford Scantlebury (1911 - 1982).

Norman Arthur Fugler (1888 - 1968) I don't know if he was married or not. Have no information other than birth-death dates.

Leopold Algernon Fugler (1890 - 1933) Unknown if married. I do know that he left Cornwall where the rest of the family had come from and moved to Toronto, Canada.

I'm very sorry if this thread has been far too long, but I'm hopeful with the information I've provided I could find any among you who are related to me. Best regards.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Aug 2012 10:39

Welcome to the boards Lawrence.
First thing you need to do is to go looking. Go to search box above right where you will find 'search all trees'. You can then put in details of the family members you have. This will tell you of any matches with other members' trees.. You can then send a message to the tree owner.
Good luck!
Jan

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 28 Aug 2012 02:15

No luck so far...

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Aug 2012 08:49

That's unlucky Lawrence - you have some impressive names there don't you!
I wonder if this is Clifford's marriage - I see he is Clifford James.

Name: Clifford James Scantlebury
Birth: 6 Jun 1911
Death: Dec 1982 - Plymouth, Devon, England

Name: Clifford J Scantlebury
Spouse Lilian M Stock
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1939
Registration district: Aldershot
Inferred County: Hampshire
Volume Number: 2c
Page Number: 1177

There is a comment by someone on Ancestry that Lilian's middle name is Margery, in which case:

Name: Lilian Margery Scantlebury
Birth: 9 Feb 1916
Death: May 1995 - Portsmouth, Hampshire, England

They had one son Christopher j. , You can find the birth record easily so I won't put that here. If he married, there are only 3 possibilities, all to women with equally unusual names - what a family, trying to help you I think! I assume from your extensive research that you are a member of FMP or Ancestry so can research this without me!

With unusual names like this, have you considered looking at BT online or 192.com? I would be tempted just to look for all Scattlebury's and Foglers in or around Devon!

Jan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Aug 2012 08:59

1911 census

Person: FUGLER, Norman Arthur Institution: Hogue Military details: Sick Birth

FUGLER, Norman Arthur Single ? 23 1888 Sick Berth Attendant Cornwall Veryan

SBA is a Royal Navy Rank

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Aug 2012 09:06

Are you aware of freebmd?

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Marriages Dec 1919 (>99%)

Fugler Norman A Keats Dorchester 5a 1032
Keats Linda A M Fugler Dorchester 5a 1032

Name: Linda A M Fugler
Birth Date: abt 1893
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1961
Age at Death: 68
Registration district: Plymouth
Inferred County: Devon
Volume: 7a
Page: 628

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966

Name: Linda Annie May Fugler
Probate Date: 2 Oct 1961
Death Date: 22 Aug 1961
Death Place: Devon, England
Registry: Birmingham, England

Died at Freedom Fields Hospital, Plymouth

Administration to Norman Arthur Fugler, (husband) retired Petty Officer, RN

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Aug 2012 09:08

My Ancestry sub doesn't allow me to view the following record, or any of the other US records about him

Leopold Algernon Fugler
Ontario, Canada, Deaths, 1869-1938 and Deaths Overseas, 1939-1947

Outward from UK..................

FUGLER Leopold 1890 M 1912 Bristol Canada Halifax VIEW VIEW

Name: Leopold Fugler
Birth Date: abt 1890
Port of Departure: New York, New York, United States
Arrival Date: 18 Apr 1920
Port of Arrival: Southampton, England
Ports of Voyage: Plymouth
Ship Name: Royal George
Search Ship Database: View the 'Royal George' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Shipping Line: Cunard Line
Official Number: 120643

Also travelling.............................

Louie, aged 29, housewife

Richard, aged 5
Leopold, aged 3
Norman, aged 18 months

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Aug 2012 09:23

Births Mar 1900 (>99%)
Fugler Winifred Johns Devonport 5b 310

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Aug 2012 09:30

Births Mar 1906 (>99%)
Watson Howard Norman O Plymouth 5b 211

Marriages Dec 1936 (>99%)
Ronson Miriam Watson Devonport 5b 833
Watson Howard N O Ronson Devonport 5b 833

You can look yourself for children on freebmd

.England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966

Name: Howard Norman Owen Watson
Probate Date: 8 May 1939
Death Date: 20 Apr 1939
Death Place: Plymouth, Devon, England
Registry: Bodmin

Administration to widow

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 28 Aug 2012 09:31

Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 Transcription
First Name: LEOPOLD Last Name: FUGLER Title: Collections from: United Kingdom Category: Immigration & Travel Record collection: Migration
Record set: Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 Departure Day: 17 Departure Month: 4 Departure Year: 1912 Ship Departure Port: BRISTOL Destination Port: HALIFAX State: Country: CANADA
Destination Place: HALIFAX Destination Place Country: CANADA Birth Day: Birth Month: Birth Year: 1890 Age Transcribed: 22 Marital Status: Gender: M Occupation: JOINER
Country Of Birth: Last Residence Country: UK Address: Ship Name: ROYAL GEORGE Ship Official Number: 125643 Ship Master's First Name: JAMES Ship Master's Surname: HARRISON Ship Master's Title: Shipping line: ROYAL LINE
Departure Port: BRISTOL Ship Destination Port: HALIFAX Ship Destination Country: CANADA Ship Square Feet: 11603 Ship Registered Tonnage: 5685.11 Number Of Passengers: 1130

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 28 Aug 2012 09:35

Ah, thank you for the information you've provided me. I am on ancestry, but haven't had much contact with anyone I've connected to on there, even though I've sent messages to those tree owners. Just rotten luck there.

Again, thank you all for the information, it's very helpful indeed.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 28 Aug 2012 09:45

Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 Transcription
First Name: L Last Name: FUGLER Title: MR Collections from: United Kingdom Category: Immigration & Travel
Record collection: Migration Record set: Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 Departure Day: 5 Departure Month: 8 Departure Year: 1921 Ship Departure Port: LIVERPOOL Destination Port: MONTREAL State: Country: CANADA
Birth Day: Birth Month: Birth Year: 1889 Age Transcribed: 32 Marital Status: M Gender: M Occupation: CARPENTER Country Of Birth: Last Residence Country: UK Address:
Ship Name: VICTORIAN Ship Official Number: 121216 Ship Master's First Name: H L Ship Master's Surname: WAITE Ship Master's Title: CPT Shipping line: CANADIAN PACIFIC Departure Port: LIVERPOOL
Ship Destination Port: QUEBEC Ship Destination Country: CANADA Ship Square Feet: Ship Registered Tonnage: 6473
Number Of Passengers: 554

Last Address in UK...189 Paisley Street, Stoke, Devonport.

Travelling with...

Mrs L..........Housewife 31
Master R.....Child 6
Master L......Child 4
Master N..... Child 2