Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hubby's brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 18 Aug 2012 15:20

We are trying to find my husband's older half-brother Tony Boardman. He was born in Cyprus in the late 1950's to Vathoulla Psarropoulou nee Tofaridou. He was raised by his Step-Father James Harry Boardman. He had 2 brother's James and John(My hubby). They grew up in Croydon and when my hubby joined the army and moved to Germany he lost touch with his family. There was never any falling out with the brother's they just lost each other. The last we heard Tony had a coffee shop in London. We don't even have any photos of him. My husband last had contact with Tony around 1985. If anyone out there knows Tony please tell him we are trying to find him.

Many thanks Lainey x

Penny

Penny Report 18 Aug 2012 15:27

Tony or Anthony???

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 18 Aug 2012 15:35

Hello Penny, as far as my husband knows he was Tony as he was never referred to as Anthony. Sorry my hubby's memory is not good nowadays.

Lainey

P.S I have just checked an affidavit made by Vathoulla in which she refers to her son as Tony.

jax

jax Report 18 Aug 2012 15:45

Do you know Joel who looks to have him in his tree?

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 18 Aug 2012 16:21

Hello Jax,

Yes Joel is Tony and John's nephew, the son of James. Funnily enough we saw him Thursday this week. My husband and Joel are both estranged from James, so neither of them know where Tony is. There was a fall-out in the family with James but never with Tony. Due to the fallout neither Joel nor John want contact with James at present buit they both would like to have contact with Tony as there were no problems with that relationship.

We never knew Joel and his sister existed until last year when Joel found us via the internet and GR and contacted us. We travelled to Joel's hometown and met him last year. This week we took a holiday to Joel's hometown and whilst there we met his sister and her son for the first time. So in the space of a year we have discovered and met my hubby's nephew, niece and Great nephew that we never even knew existed, all thanks to GR!!

Now I think it would be lovely to find Tony!

Lainey x

jax

jax Report 18 Aug 2012 16:29

If you google his name and add 192.com you will see a few but there is one in the Brighton area....seeing as they grew up in Croydon could that be him right sort of age group?

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 18 Aug 2012 18:44

Thank you Jax, I will have a look. Brighton would be a good possibility and a huge co-incidence as that is where we have been this last week.

Thank you for your time and help

Lainey xx

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 19 Aug 2012 13:05

Just had to come on here and tell everyone I have found him in Sussex!!! So happy I don't know whether to scream, laugh or cry. Hubby is speaking to his brother now, for the first time in over 27 years. In less than 2 hours he was found. Thank you to Penny but especailly Jax who pointed me in the right direction. Cannot believe we drove thru his home town on Friday not even knowing he was there.

Lainey xxxxxxxxxxxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 19 Aug 2012 19:28

Such great news...Thank you for sharing.!

So he's not so far away then, so hopefully the brothers will be able to meet again soon.

Gwyn

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 19 Aug 2012 19:40

Hello Gwyn,

Yes you are right he is not too far from us in Winchester, so hopefully we can meet up soon. We have had a long chat and stuff in the family from years ago has been cleared up so that now we all have more understanding of things. Just such a shame that so much time has passed, but the morale of this story is "It's never too late".

Lainey x