Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

search for scottish relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tom

Tom Report 3 Aug 2012 21:25

Hi, im having trouble tracing a branch of my family the live in scotland. My great great great uncle moved from staffordshire to scotland where he married Isabella Steel Stirling in Edinburgh in 1908. They had 3 children John born 1909, George born 1911 and Catherine born 1914.
The info i have is from a relative who made a tree when the family was in contact with this branch, and i want to track them down again.
John married married a Jeanne Graham and had childen Evelyn and Allan. He later married a lady called Ann Kerr.
I dont know anything of Georges family (if there was one).
Catherine married Donal McLeod and had a daugher Fiona.

Ive looked at scotland people but i dont really want to spend so much on the credits.
Does anyone know of any cheaper/free places to look?

Tom

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 3 Aug 2012 21:32

Surname of George ?

Scotlandspeople is the only site really if they stayed in Scotland but as you probably already know there are limits as to what can be viewed online.

Tom

Tom Report 3 Aug 2012 21:35

John George and Catherine where all Knoxs.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Aug 2012 21:40

Have you checked for matches on here? Use 'search all trees' option form search box above right.
There is a tree on Ancestry with this family, is it yours?
Jan

Tom

Tom Report 4 Aug 2012 13:03

I do have a tree on ancestry so it could be yes. Others do have these pople in their trees, but nothing upt to date

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Aug 2012 18:39

Have you tried 'search all trees' as suggested above?