Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Gledhill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 26 Jul 2012 09:00

I am trying to find a long lost cousin David Gledhill of Stockport Cheshire he was born in Brentford, Middx in 1935 His mother was Kathleen b1905 d1957 his father was Harold Brewster B1896 d 1969 If anyone is related or knows the whereabouts of the above would they please contact.

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jul 2012 09:17

Have you tried 192.com?
Have you looked to see if he is on anyone's tree on here?

You are not meant to have personal email addresses on here, so you had best delete it, or someone may report your post which will make it difficult for anyone to help you.

Added:
He is David B Gledhill (always best to check free bmd)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2012 13:42

Have you done any searches yourself?

BT phone books are in every main public library

You refer to him as being 'of Stockport'......do you mean he lived there at some time?

Alan

Alan Report 26 Jul 2012 16:22

I have done some research, he lived in Stockport as far as I know in the late 1940 and early 1950's, but of course with the death of his parents he may have married and moved on?

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jul 2012 16:48

Was he the informant on his Father's death certificate?
He was 34 when his Father died - had he not married by then? Was he still living at home? Did you attend the funeral, or know who did? Have you tried friends reunited if you know which school he went to?

There are 6 marriages for David B Gledhill's between 1963 and 1988, 3 Lancashire, 2 Yorkshire, 1 London.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jul 2012 08:35

Presumably the 'B' represents Brewster

Did you know that his father had re-married in 1959?

Death
Name: Harold Brewer Gledhill
Birth Date: 3 Oct 1896
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1969
Age at Death: 72
Registration district: Manchester
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10e
Page: 342

Birth
Name: Harold Brewer Gledhill
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1896
Registration district: Halifax
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
Volume: 9a
Page: 407

Note the correct second name..........................................

LadyofKent

LadyofKent Report 9 Aug 2012 23:49

Have pmd address of David B Gledhill living with his daughter

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Aug 2012 09:12

I hope you get more thanks than the rest of us

Alan

Alan Report 11 Aug 2012 09:26

Dear Reggie sorry for the delay in answering but I have been away and I am just catching up on the information from people such as your good self I thank you for your valuable contributiond and I am waiting results of a contact and will post the results when received