Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Terence Osborn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol Lynn

Carol Lynn Report 13 Jul 2012 17:48

Hi,
would anyone know of the where abouts of Terence or any of the Osborn family/relations, from the north east ?
please get in touch , would love to hear from you
Carol

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jul 2012 20:35

Roughly when was/were he/they born?
Have you 'searched trees' ?

And what, please, is the connection to you?

Even if you have only posted this thread as a 'fishing' exercise to get his name on the internet, rather than a request for assistance, a year of birth will help.

You could try looking youself on

http://www.192.com/ Electoral Rolls, most details being pay-to-view
http://www.thephonebook.bt.com Free BT phone directory

Carol Lynn

Carol Lynn Report 13 Jul 2012 21:16

Hi
Thank you for replying, he was born I think 1932 in glanford brig, his mom moved to Haverton Hill , Billingham and he grew up there ,i think,he was definitely living in that area in the 1950s.
His connection to me .....I've recently been told after 52 years that he is my birth father.
I don't know who you are so if my comments have upset you in anyway I sincerely apologise, I am still trying to get my head round this and my emotions are quite raw,
Regards
Carol

jax

jax Report 13 Jul 2012 21:21

Hi Carol

It is very unlikely that anyone related to him would actually see this post in the near future unless they were looking for him or this family also

If you have only just found out about him, does he know you exist?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2012 21:47

This site is not secure - anyone googling the name could find this - and your existence could come as quite a shock

Please consider the feelings of others

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2012 21:50

There is only one birth for the name in Lincolnshire - in 1936

I will send info by PM - check your message box

jax

jax Report 13 Jul 2012 21:54

I found one in 1932 but there was an "E" at he end of his name

found here

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2012 21:55

That looks more likely, jax

Why didn't Carol check freebmd , I wonder?

If that's the one, there won't be any full siblings, I shouldn't think

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Jul 2012 07:57

Carol has a message posted on Missing-you and she spelt his name with the E then.

Rose

Carol Lynn

Carol Lynn Report 10 Sep 2012 08:27

Hi
Don't know if birth father knew about me, I'd just like to know a little about him ,
He is on electoral roll and living with his mother in 1950s and his mothers first name is Sylvia, that's how I traced his birth certificate to Lincolnshire , just want to be sure I've traced correctly then I can be sure I'm on the right line to trace backwards from there,I've traced my mothers side back to Norman conquest but can't get further than trying to make sure this name of my fathers is the right one ! Any help in confirming this would be appreciated
Regards carol