Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for adopted cousin - Peter Donohue

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Jul 2012 13:26

Hi,I am searching for my cousin (Birth cert name Peter Donohue) on behalf of my aunt.
Her name is Katherine,she gave birth to a baby boy on the 05 nov 1975 in St Marys Hopsital Eastbourne,Sussex, she gave him up for adoption few days later. She named him Peter Donohue, however this could be changed since.

We have tried to get information on his adoption, however since the adoption took place in 1975 it 's very hard to find information. The adoption was arranged through my Aunts doctor in St.Mary's Hospital who said his sister was adopting the baby, however we got in touch with this Doctor few years later and he denied any knowledge. He has since passed away, strange enough he also has a son named Peter??? My family and I have tried so many different ways to search for Peter, my Aunt is ill with cancer and would be great for her to find out that he is well and if wanted to get in touch.

If anyone could give me some advise re private adoptions or how to try and sources different information would really appreciate all the help.
Thanks for reading :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Jul 2012 14:50

Advise your aunt to put her details on the national adoption contact register

If the boy is looking for birth family, he may well have done the same

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Jul 2012 14:55

Thank you for your reply, I have just registered her details with Uk Adoption contact register is this the same register you have recommended? thanks again

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Jul 2012 16:09

Contact Eastbourne SS if it was a private adoption then court records should still exist, the prospective adoptive parents still have to be assessed before the adoption is granted.