Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PARKER Robert David

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ToneBay

ToneBay Report 6 Jul 2012 17:54

I think I am related through my father to Robert?
Father was Albert.
Robert may be living in the south of England possibly around the Worthing to Chichester area and be aged late 40's.

Please contact me if you have any info that may assist me.
Thank you

patchem

patchem Report 6 Jul 2012 18:18

Could you say how Robert was related to Albert so we may be able to find more accurate birth information?
Thank-you

ToneBay

ToneBay Report 7 Jul 2012 08:44

I was not sure what data to include but have been asked to provide more so here goes;
Robert may be a half brother to me?
I have now found Robert was born Dec 1965 in Rustinton sussex.
I have just had a private response indicating he is living somewhere in chichester with a Sonia?
If other info is correct he may have married in1989 to Carole Rogers?
It looks like I may have found family I did not know existed - and would very much appreciate if anyone can
1. advise how to best get contact details?
2. how best to make an approach?
I will be able to look for any replies every hour or so this morning and again tomorrow - so apologies if I do not respond to you quickly.

Tony

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2012 10:42

Write a letter, don't phone

Say something along the lines that you are interested in family history and are researching (name your father). Don't say you are his son. You could say you're are the grandson of your father's father.

If your father was married, name his wife/wives

Ask him to contact you if any of the names are familiar to him.

Put your name and address on the back of the envelope you are sending the letter in. That way, if he is no longer at the address(es) it is more likely to be returned. Enclose a SAE with your letter, and possibly incorporate your email address in the text as an alternative method of communication.

Softly, softly catchee monkee ;-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 Jul 2012 17:30

Tony,

Who sent you a private response? They really need to post on this thread and let the other helpers know what information is being sent so work isn't duplicated.

Rose

jax

jax Report 7 Jul 2012 18:35

Rose
I have edited my "Replying by private message" thread at the top of the board just incase any helpers have not seen it

jax

ToneBay

ToneBay Report 8 Jul 2012 10:40

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond to me.
Through this board and private messages I have now established the following data - don't want to waste peoples time.
I last saw my father when I was 3 (1952) and my mother would not speak about him in her lifetime so it has been difficult to move forward until all your kind help.

looks like Robert is my half brother- a birth cert has been applied for.
Robert has a elder sister (Diana )who may? be a half sister
My father married their mother in 1980 in Chichester she was Doreen Prosser then not Doreen Bell
My father died in 1981
Roberts mother died in 1994 in Bognor Regis
Robert married a Carole in 1989
Looks like south coast chichester area could be correct?

Thanks DeTecTive for the contacting advice seems good to me I will do as you suggest if I find an address.
Its just been amazing over the last few days how much has fallen into place.