Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding Brian

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 30 Jun 2012 21:44

I am trying to find information on a Brian! My mum thinks he was her step brother - older than her so born before 1948 in Surrey/London/Middlesex area. We think the mother was a Violet A M Crouch. She married a William G Johnson in 1948 and then Samuel Frederick Wood in 1954. I have been unable to find a Brian Crouch or a Brian Johnson on the BMDs. I have however found a Brian Wood born Westminster 1942 mothers maiden name of Jones. Now Samuel Frederick Wood was married before to Peggy Sylvia Jones so I'm wondering whether it was actually their's but born before Samuel and Peggy married. This would then make Brian not my mum's step brother but her brother. Any thoughts, ideas?

jax

jax Report 30 Jun 2012 21:49

Without purchasing the cert it would be impossible to say who the parents were with those surnames

Sarah

Sarah Report 30 Jun 2012 22:03

I thought that would be the case! He may well still be alive but without knowing what his surname was we cannot look for him.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jun 2012 23:43

Sarah,

Finding this all a bit confusing. Who were your mother's parents?

Rose

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 1 Jul 2012 01:41

Frederick S WOOD married Peggy S JONES 1947
so unlikely it is the 1942 birth

Sarah

Sarah Report 2 Jul 2012 18:02

My mother's parents were Samuel Frederick Wood and Peggy Sylvia Jones. My mum believes Brian's mother is Violet A M Crouch/Johnson. Violet married Samuel Frederick Wood after getting divorced from Peggy Sylvia.

jax

jax Report 2 Jul 2012 18:09

Where has the Crouch come from? she married in the name of Johnson which was her maiden name?

Edit ok I see now she was crouch who married Johnson in 1948 then Wood in 1954

Looking at the births on freebmd Violet would have been 13 when Brian was born

jax

jax Report 2 Jul 2012 18:36

After getting confused myself

There is a birth that would fit but not in London if violets maiden name was Crouch, Brian should have Crouch as his mothers maiden name

Have you not found this birth? although she again would have been very young

Is Violet still living do you know?

Sarah

Sarah Report 2 Jul 2012 18:47

Is this the one you are talking about?

Births Jun 1943 (79%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crouch Brian Crouch Trowbridge 5a 235

It's the only Brian with mother's maiden name of Crouch

I do not know whether Violet is still living or not. Samuel Frederick died in 1968 Haven't found a death record for a Violet A M Wood so she is either still alive or died since 2005.

jax

jax Report 2 Jul 2012 19:00

Yes thats the one although there are quite a few others but the fathers name does not match either husband....thats not saying an unknown father may have been named?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 2 Jul 2012 23:30

Brian could be William G Johnson's son from a previous marriage.

Rose

jax

jax Report 2 Jul 2012 23:38

There is a Johnson/Crouch birth in the right area but his name was not Brian in 1949

Sarah

Sarah Report 3 Jul 2012 17:45

I will check out that Johnson/Crouch birth - could be that Brian was a nickname?