Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

still looking for john williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorna

Lorna Report 23 Jun 2012 17:21

still looking for my biological father john williams(john david williams)
john grew up in cimla south wales think he was born 1949-51 he had a relationship with my mother and another woman at the same time resulting in pregnancies for both women john married the other woman and had 2 children with her a girl born in 1969 and a son a few years later
i have met john a few times over the years first when i was a baby and my grandparents used to take me to visit his parent then when i was 9 i was living in nottingham and john turned up on our doorstep i saw him for 2 years then contact stopped again when i was 13 in 1982 i moved to skewen south wales johns ex wife lived 2 streets from my house and she gave me a phone number for him i contacted him and we saw each other again he was now living in tonna with another woman and he had had another baby girl in 1982 contact stopped not long after due to pressure from my family and i contacted john again in 1989 to tell him i had had a little girl in 1987 and a son in 1989 we arranged a get together in january 1990 unfortunetly my marriage had just broken up and i was living at my mothers john called me to make arrangments for the visit but my mother intercepted the call and i never spoke to john again
i know john was living and working in london in 1990 and had just got out of a relationship
i was always led to believe his name was john david williams but when i check the births for 1941-51 for the area of neath i find more johns then john david
i cannot find any more information then that i have already wrote as i was too young to remember my grandparents names my grandmother has now died so can not help me with the address or names
has anybody any idea how i can get more info with what i have
thanks in advance

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Jun 2012 20:09

There is a lot here! For the sake of my old brain I have summarised, would this cover it?

'Searching for my father John David Williams born approximately 1950. Probably Neath Glamorganshire as that is where he grew up - specifically Cinna area.
I have had intermittent contact over the years.
Last seen 1990, at this time he was living in London.
He married in the late 60's (not my mother) but this ended. For a time I lived 2 streets away from his ex-wife, in Skewen South Wales.'

Lorna, you say you have looked for his birth in Neath but have not found it. Do you know who he married and the names of his children? Don't put them here, obviously!

Jan

Lorna

Lorna Report 23 Jun 2012 20:19

jan
it was 1982 that i met his ex wife and i cant remember her name
i actually went to school with his daughter who was 2 months younger then me and i cant remember her name i have asked my mother numerouse times for his parents names and she says she cannot remember even her best friend who had a relationship with him when i was 9 cannot remember their names john has a sister and yet again nobody can remember names

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Jun 2012 20:27

Well, can you remember her address?
Jan

Lorna

Lorna Report 23 Jun 2012 20:46

yes i think so

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Jun 2012 20:56

I can only suggest one thing. If you check out the electoral register for the address you will hopefully find her name.
These are normally kept at the nearest main library for the area. If you contact them they can tell you what records they hold, or tell you where to locate them.
Obviously she will be going by her married name, but it's a start, and you might then be able to find the marriage.
Can I just query the presumed birth year for your father? What do you base this on?
Jan

Lorna

Lorna Report 23 Jun 2012 21:00

my mother was born in 1949 she said she cant remember if john was a year younger then her or the same age
i am due a visit to england in the next 6 months so hopefully i can try and find some info at the library
thanks jan