Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stephen Thornton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karenne

Karenne Report 8 Jun 2012 01:21

Looking for a Stephen Thornton. Born 1954. Son of Jack Thornton and grandson of Harold Thornton from the Lancashire area. Or any ancestors of Harold and Hettie Thornton........Harold born in 1896.

I am the granddaughter of Harold's sister Eliza (Elsa). Elsa migrated to Australia in 1916, had one son (Dennis). I am his daughter. I was born in 1953 and live in NSW Australia.

Any information on Harold or his elder brother Albert would be much appreciated.

Thanks to those of you who are dedicated in helping others.

Karenne

Lynski

Lynski Report 8 Jun 2012 06:49

Have you tried Search Trees on this site?

If you find a possible match you can contact the tree owner to see if you have a connection.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Jun 2012 07:48

Have you found his birth here:

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Jun 2012 07:57

Looks like he's the one born in Burnley. No middle initial.

There's one in Burnley on 192.com of the correct age.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Jun 2012 07:59

Google "stephen Thornton" burnley for an address.

Rose

Karenne

Karenne Report 8 Jun 2012 10:17

Yes, have done all of the above and came up with an S Thornton who turned out to be a Sue!!

There was a site who had him in a census but did not show in the white pages.

Penny

Penny Report 8 Jun 2012 10:32

What census shows someone born 1954? * Confused*

What more do you kno about him - are Hetty & Harold related to you ? If so how? It might help to know

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Jun 2012 16:51

Not sure what you are doing, but if you Google "Stephen Thornton" burley, as I said you will get this:

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/909217684

Rose

Karenne

Karenne Report 9 Jun 2012 01:52

Penny........was an electoral roll (apologies). 192.com

Will do google..........thanks Rose

Karenne

Karenne Report 9 Jun 2012 02:19

Google brings me back to 192.com which shows the electoral roll. To view an address I have to pay, which I will do if I don't get a hit on here.

Harold Thornton was my grandmothers (Elsa Thornton's) younger brother.

Elsa immigrated to Australia in 1916.

Thanks for your help girls.

Your help with the free bdm site Rose has been invaluable to me. You helped recently with gaining information on Sydney Richardson. I have since been able to find a host of information. :-)

Flip

Flip Report 9 Jun 2012 09:32

Use the link posted by Rose, it will take you to companies information, and includes an address - it's free to view. It also states born in June - is this correct?

Karenne

Karenne Report 9 Jun 2012 12:43

Thank you Flip........did that search today and saw the business address. Many thanks to Rose, yet again!! :-) :-)

The birth, I recall, was a Sep register but will check again and no harm in sending off a letter.

You people do a wonderful job in helping others. Very commendable.

Karen

Flip

Flip Report 9 Jun 2012 13:02

You have 6 weeks to register a birth, so if born in June could have been registered in the following quarter.

Looks like he may have a sister born 1956 - have you checked her out?

Flip

Flip Report 9 Jun 2012 13:14

Also, that address is a 4 bedroom house not a business - last changed hands in 2006 - so if it is the right Stephen he may still be there.

Karenne

Karenne Report 10 Jun 2012 02:04

Thanks Flip, will check it out. And, no, had not seen a sister!! Tend to stick with the male line as for me, at this stage of searching, are easier to trace.

As that business is rather small, I thought it may be a work from home business.

Will post an outcome.......hopefully!!

Cheers
Karenne