Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

george harvey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

terri

terri Report 7 Jun 2012 09:06

Hi i am looking for anybody who knew or is related to a George Harvey. All the info i have at the minute is He was born between 1915-1920s and that he used to work for rubery owens in darlaston and he also lived in dangerfield lane wednesbury.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 7 Jun 2012 10:57

Terri, my first suggestion would be to check the electoral register for that address. It might give you a middle initial if you are lucky, and maybe other family members at the same address. This has to be done at the nearest man library, either by you, or hopefully staff will look for you if this is not possible. I suspect it is Sandwell library you need, but do check with them first.
Jan

terri

terri Report 8 Jun 2012 00:25

Thankyou jan,will give them a try :-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Jun 2012 08:22

OK - come back if/when you find anything out. You can also try looking for matches in other peoples' trees, by using 'search trees' above.
Jan

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jun 2012 09:36

Did you come across his name from his marriage to one of your relatives? If so, if you bought the certificate, that 'ought' to give his father's name, and George's age at that time.

Then we 'might' be able to find the parent's own marriage/1911 census and work out which George on the GRO index he is.

NB - I do know a George Harvey, but he is still a teenager - lol