Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long lost brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roy Kenneth

Roy Kenneth Report 27 May 2012 16:30

Alan was adopted very young and as a child I saw photos of him ( My brother )could have had the name Parish or Morrell, and mothers name was Mary Edith Parish or Morrell. living in Nottingham West. Would love to know if you are out there. you may not even know I exist. Roy morrell

patchem

patchem Report 27 May 2012 16:52

Could the surname be Parrish not Parish?
Is she in your tree so contact is available if Alan ever belongs to genes?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 May 2012 16:56

Have you tried putting your name on the national adoption register? He might register there if trying to find his birth family.
Also, check 'search trees' just in case he is on here.
You could do with knowing his birth name. When are we looking at roughly? And which is your mother's maiden name please?
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 27 May 2012 17:00

Jan,
I think she was Morrell born 1930, then married Parrish (and then possibly another marriage)

Added:
I am now not sure about this, as could have 2 more surnames.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 May 2012 17:12

I can see it now Patchem, you are right, spelling is Parrish.
Roy, we could do with a better idea of timescale. She married 1955. Without giving too much away about yourself, when do you think Alan was born?
If you have photos, how old was he then do you think?
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 27 May 2012 17:24

Roy,
Your family looks quite complicated, so could we have a little more information?
Thanks