Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

grandmother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bonniescoular

bonniescoular Report 24 May 2012 22:40

im looking for my mothers mother,named marion kennedy we believe she was born on 13th april 1920 in oldham lancashire,my mother found out at the age of 43 that her mother was in fact not her birth mother,and although we have found a few leads we are still no closer to finding marion or anything about her,i no she will probably have pasted on now but any information would be very appriceated,my mothers father was called john robert corris and my mother is marie wilson now was corris.

patchem

patchem Report 24 May 2012 22:59

She appears to have a sister Maud.
Have you had any success in tracing her, or are either of them in trees on here?

Added:
brummiejan, yes there is.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 May 2012 23:01

You are right, sorry!

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 May 2012 23:03

She did marry John Corris didn't she?

patchem

patchem Report 24 May 2012 23:09

Marie Corris has Kennedy for her Mother's maiden name.

Added:
And Kennedy/Kennedy.

Free bmd has the marriage of Joan R Corris to Marion, and that is what is showing on the image.

Is this the death of John, and how many times did he marry?

John Robert Corris
Birth Date: 18 Oct 1911
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1973
Age at Death: 62
Registration district: Manchester
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10e
Page: 970

Thank-you

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 May 2012 23:27

I would get the marriage cert if it were me, in order to find out a bit more about her. I can't see a marriage or death for a Marion Corris.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 25 May 2012 07:09

Pm received stating that bonniescoular has sent for the certificate.
She had wondered about the name Joan, and/or whether they had definitely married.
Similarly, I could see no marriage or death for Marion Corris in this country. She could still be alive, lots are with birth 1920.
So we will wait and see.