Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for the smith familywho raised ronald hoad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

james

james Report 22 May 2012 04:13

i am looking for family conections for ronald w j hoad born 1920 in godstone surrey this would be my wifes father she is looking for past and present extended family members.

Lynski

Lynski Report 22 May 2012 04:38

Have you tried Search Trees on this site?

There is another member who has Ronald, 1920, Godstone in his tree.

You could contact him to see if you have a connection.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 May 2012 09:51

You mention Smith family, but also extended family members. Not quite sure if this has any relevance:

Marriages Sep 1916 (>99%)
Hoad Phoebe Smith Godstone 2a 480
Smith Vincent F Hoad Godstone 2a 480

Marriages Mar 1923 (>99%)
Dare Victor R Hoad Godstone 2a 389
Hoad Clara Smith Godstone 2a 389
Hoad Ethel E Dare Godstone 2a 389
Smith Alfred Hoad Godstone 2a 389

I see his mother was a Smith. Maybe you need to specify what you already know, and what you are looking for.

Jan

james

james Report 22 May 2012 14:21

thank you lynski i am waiting on some replies this is a new thing to me.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 May 2012 19:10

Nice PM from James!

'hi jan just to let you know ronalds mothers maiden name was smith. and im not sure how to get round such a common name. thanks anyway this is more complex than it looks at times just glad there are helpfull people like you on here.'

Much appreciated, but we only do this 'cos it's fun!

Anyway, to the matter in hand. In your heading you say you are 'looking for the smith family who raised ronald hoad '. In what sense are you looking for them? Do you mean you know Smiths looked after him, but do not know who?

You need to be a bit more clear about what you are seeking.

Jan

james

james Report 23 May 2012 03:39

Hi Brummejan. I am looking for his mother and father. on his birth cert his mothers maiden name was smith. but i found a lot of smiths and i dont know how to go back that far for there details if this makes sense. i work nights and i know what i am sayin in my head makes sense but puttin it down dont look right . :-S :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 May 2012 07:41

Were his parents married, do you know? If so you might check for the marriage.
What were their names?

If you are not aware, this is the site to use:

www.freebmd.org.uk

Jan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 May 2012 11:24

You refer to the birth cert, but I think you actually mean that you have found the birth registration - not the same thing.

You need to purchase the birth cert - £9.25 on line from the GRO. - and find out the full names of the parents

Then you can search based on accurate info, which is vital, particularly with the mother's line