Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

long lost brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jean

jean Report 21 May 2012 14:11

I am looking for my brother John Bradley born december 1934,if anyone knows his whereabouts please contact his sister Jean thank you :-(

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 21 May 2012 18:41

Have you tried a search on this site, friends reunited, facebook or the electoral rolls,
Good luck, Liz

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 21 May 2012 19:35

Don't forget 192.com

Long Lost Family are asking for new input.

http://www.itv.com/beontv/long-lost-family/

It's worth a try.

Good luck from me too.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 May 2012 22:19

Where was he born? There are several. What day was his birthday?

Rose

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 22 May 2012 17:36

I don't think that Jean will mind me posting this. We've been in touch via pms last night and today.

She has been trying for so long to find her brother and last night she got a message from someone who had come across her search, telling her that her brother died in the mid-90s and has given her where and when info. I think it knocked her a bit but apparently her brother did marry and did have children.

She is now hoping to trace his family.

Jill

jax

jax Report 22 May 2012 18:16

If people are reading these posts and replying by pm could they please mention the fact on the thread also

Also where was he from there 11 born between dec qtr 1934 and mar1935

So is he the one who died in Preston in 1993? maybe purchase the death cert to see who registered it, unless a wifes name can be given

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 22 May 2012 18:57

Jax. I did a reply on the thread and then later on decided to send Jean a message of support.

I had a reply late last night to say thank you for my message but sadly someone had got in contact earlier on.

The info that her brother had died came as a result of her many years of looking for him. It didn't come from GR. It was just co-incidence that she was contacted the same day she posted on here.

Jill

jax

jax Report 22 May 2012 19:15

My comment was not aimed at you Jill, I read it as someone had seen this post and sent the death details.

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 22 May 2012 19:37

Never thought it was aimed at me Jax. I knew what you meant.

Jean sounds like ever such a nice lady. We are going to stay in touch. I think there is a decent chance of her tracing her brother's family now, sadly because of his death.

Jill