Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have I got any family left ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 16 May 2012 19:50

My father was Edward James Baxter Simpson who died in 2005, he had a Sister called Margaret Lindsey Simpson and she died in a plane crash on a 1965 flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow, this is when my life changed. My parents separated that same year and I never got to meet my grandad who died in 1980, he was James Baxter Simpson and owned the Monkbarns Hotel in Abroath. He had a Brother named Edward and two sisters called Robina Hume and Jane Chalmers, his first wife, my nan Winifred Kinnear also died young aged 45 back in 1952 at Cliffburn House in Abroath, She had three brothers and four sisters Lewis, Andrew, Roland, Lindsey, Margaret, Nellie and Violet. I don't know if any of them married or had children all I know is that Grandad remarried Isabella Graham and would love to hear from any one that knew them, Many Thanks Karen .

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 May 2012 20:34

Hi Karen,

There is a lady on** Ancestry.co.uk** who has researched the Kinnear line of your grandmother Winifred ..her tree details are public.

you can take out a free 14day trial on there where you then can make contact to the lady in question perhaps theres much more she can tell you.,,,,,

Violet on a quick search married George H Suter...emigrated to USA, 1920s , they returned to 11,Green Street Arbroath Angus with George in 1960 staying for aprox 11 months ....Violet died 1985 and George passed away in Detroit.....Roland Kinnear died WW1 1918 in France.

You could try the Search Tree box at the top and try a match for the siblings of Winifred.

Violet Kinnear was bn 1896/7 in Arbroath Angus

Karen

Karen Report 16 May 2012 22:38

Thank you Kay will try that
Many thanks Karen