Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sean burgess

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

steven

steven Report 15 May 2012 18:27

my name is steven bennett im 23 and was born in shoreham-by-sea to a Joanne Bennett, I am looking for my father sean(shaun) burgess. I was lead to believe he died in a scaffolding accident in brighton around 1991-1993 aged roughly 24-25 however i have been unable to find a death certificate in any records. Does anyone know what other avenues i can explore? I know he had a brother called Carl.

patchem

patchem Report 15 May 2012 18:39

Do you believe the name is correct?
Do you believe the rest of the information is accurate, or did someone just want you to stop looking?
Can you ask your Mother or anyone else for confirmation of what you believe?

It is no use exploring avenues if what you 'know' is incorrect.

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 May 2012 18:57

Oddly enough an accident in Brighton rings a bell, only because at about that time an ex boyfriend was working away in Brighton and on hearing the news I thought it might have been him ( he was in construction)...so it must have made national news as I didn't live locally. In which case you should be able to find reference in local newspaper archive...worth trying the library.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 15 May 2012 19:09

Is he named on your birth certificate?

Roy

steven

steven Report 15 May 2012 19:12

The name has been given to me from my mother and other family members, i believe all the other information is as accurate as i can get, I have seached news papers, and national archives, but cannot find anyone with that name and age dying within 5years of 1992 either way.

No unfortunaly he is not

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 May 2012 19:23

Have sent PM with possible births of a Shawn and Carl.... which may help

edit there is no death corresponding to the birth date that I have sent,

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 15 May 2012 19:43

There is a man with that name living London, SE9 on 192.com

Roy

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 May 2012 20:31

Looks like he's on Friendsreunited too.

Rose

jax

jax Report 15 May 2012 21:44

Does or did this man know about you?

steven

steven Report 16 May 2012 12:27

thanks for the help,

i think he knew i was on the way but left long before i was born.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 May 2012 18:38

In that case you might want to use a 3rd party to contact him. Chances are he hasn't told his partner and children about you.

Rose