Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Foley's Family in Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 13 May 2012 14:58

looking for my Aunt Maureen & her husband Jimmy Long from Clonmel (11 children) and my Uncle, George Foley; I think my Dad's parents were Edward and Mary.
Please contact me, Ally

Flip

Flip Report 13 May 2012 15:11

Hi Ally

Welcome to the boards.

A bit more info may help - years of birth would be useful. What searches have you already tried? Your parents marriage certificate would give his fathers name, but isn't there someone else in the family you could ask?

Alexandra

Alexandra Report 13 May 2012 21:29

this is all I can provide unfortunately:
My Name: Alexandra Foley (born 1967 in Leicestershire)
My only sibling: James St. John Foley (born 1969)
My Mother: Ann Denise Foley (maiden name Knight / born 1948 in London).
My Father: James Foley.
My Father's siblings: George Foley and Maureen Long (maiden name Foley).
Maureen was married to Jimmy Long and they lived in Clonmel, Ireland, at some point (and maybe even now, I don't know); I remember my brother and I visiting them in Belfast as young children in the early seventies.
I believe Jimmy was a truck driver at the time but I could be wrong about that.
Maureen and Jimmy had 11 or 12 children at that time.
My parents, James and Ann, emigrated to South Africa in the early seventies; they divorced soon after the move and James remarried a Portuguese lady named Manuela.
My Father, James, was a Statistician and worked for Barclays Bank many years back; he travelled a lot and spent many years in Saudi Arabia; he died in Thailand in the early nineties of a heart attack.