Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching for Pinfold in the.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tim

tim Report 6 May 2012 21:57

Im looking for any information regarding anyone living in the Herts area between 1950-1970 with the surname of Pinfold.
Thanks very much

patchem

patchem Report 6 May 2012 22:07

I think your request is rather too vague- could you give some specific examples of who you are interested in, and what you want to know?
There will be people called Pinfold born in Hertfordshire, and others who just happen to be living there.
You can find births, marriages and deaths on free bmd, though not an exhaustive list:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 May 2012 22:29

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1299212

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 6 May 2012 22:44

Their are nearly 40 Pinfold,s listed in Herts and 200 Pinfold's on electoral rolls in the uk any one of them could meet your criteria,

The chances of a Pinfold seeing your request are several million 2/1

You need to give more info in order for anyone to help,

It would also help if you only had one thread about this instead of the two you have which is against GR guidelines

Best to delete one
If you are wanting to Find Living Relatives then leave this one and delete the one on the Find ancesters board

Roy

tim

tim Report 7 May 2012 10:31

Thanks for everyones advice as you can see im new on here so finding my feet.
Im trying to find any information on my birth mother who i assume lived in/near Herts when i was born in 1969.
I have only the surname of Pinfold,no first name

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 May 2012 10:43

Buy your birth cert

Find out her name - and the address at which you were born. If it was a mother and baby home, she could have been sent there from anywhere in the country

A friend of our family gave birth to her illegitimate child in Surrey - she was born in Lancashire.

Making assumptions can lead you on a wild-goose chase

tim

tim Report 7 May 2012 11:11

Thanks for that advice may save me alot of time if i get hold of my birth cert