Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christopher Patrick Dempsey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 May 2012 19:04

Looking for info on Christopher Patrick Dempsey (Sean) from Kinsale,Ireland who married Lillian Austin 1961 England

jax

jax Report 6 May 2012 20:21

Hi Welcome to the boards

Have you tried 192.com, searched the trees on this site, Friends reunited or facebook?

patchem

patchem Report 7 May 2012 08:52

As you appear to be their oldest son, (or have the same name) could you say what information you have and what you are looking for?
Have you got his marriage certificate?
Thank-you.

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 May 2012 09:04

sorry he left when I was 6.. I only know he came from Kinsale, Ireland.. was married in Hackney,London, England to a Lillian Austin has five Children me being eldest...My Mother wont or doesn't speak of him apart from he was a year or two older than her (mum YOB 1940..) I have tried all sites and none can even find him...

patchem

patchem Report 7 May 2012 11:04

There are marriages for Christopher P in Ware, 1971, Havering, 1972, and Birkenhead 1986. Do you know if any are his, or when your parents divorced?

Get the marriage certificate for further information (such as his Father's name)

Added;
Christopher P Dempsey birth in Birkenhead, to correspond to that marriage.
And a Hertfordshire birth to cover the Ware marriage.

So that leaves Havering, 1972.

Or did he go back to Ireland?

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 May 2012 13:25

I have found the certificate well Genes one anyway.. and married 1961, under the quarter of Jan, Feb, Mar. as I was born Feb 61. again asked my Mum but she said she doesn't want to talk about it

patchem

patchem Report 7 May 2012 13:52

There is far more information on the actual marriage certificate, genes just has the outline details.
Does your Mother have any siblings who have any information about him- this is probably not a popular move with your Mother, it depends how desperate you are?

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 May 2012 08:42

mmm... yes I have sent messages to my uncles now waiting for reply