Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JOHN J O'KEEFE & MARGARET M PARSONS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jenVG

jenVG Report 5 May 2012 16:06

My mystery continues with trying to find out who this man was who purported in 1959 to be a nephew of my relation Henry Frederick Bass. I see someone of that name married in 1965 - but was it my John J O'Keefe? Any advice as to where I can go from here would be appreciated. I may have to give up on this but I hate to be beaten!!

Penny

Penny Report 5 May 2012 16:07

Explain what you mean - proported to be nephew of your relation.???

Either he is or he isn't!

To be his nephew, Henry Frederick Bass had to have had a sister- did he?
Did his wife have a sister?

jax

jax Report 5 May 2012 16:15

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1294010

jenVG

jenVG Report 5 May 2012 16:30

On the death certificate of Henry Frederick Bass he was the informant and described as a Nephew. The only sister Henry had did not marry anyone of the name O'Keefe.

I don't know if his wife had a sister because the only wife I can find was Mary Ann Connor married in 1907 and it certainly was not a sister of hers!

Oh dear! Sorry to be vague.