Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MAUREEN KEARNEY BORN 1945 (later adopted)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Avril

Avril Report 29 Apr 2012 14:15

I am trying to find Maureen Kearney (original name) born 1945 in Finsbury, London and subsequently adopted.

Birth parents are Patrick Joseph Kearney and Norah Harte formerly Cleary.

I know she is looking for information about her birth father Patrick Kearney as I have come across messages she placed in 2001 but her email addresses quoted then no longer exist.

I believe her new name might possibly be Molly and she might be living in the Maidenhead area.

I am looking for her on behalf of a relative whom she may not even know about and I have already found the information she would need about her birth parents.

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 29 Apr 2012 14:36

pm sent re possible marriage

Penny

Penny Report 29 Apr 2012 15:37

How have you worked that possible marriage out Kira?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 29 Apr 2012 17:25

Might be a co-incidence but there is a member called Maureen whose tree has Maureen Kearney born 1945 London. Might be worth trying to send a message.
Use 'search trees' above.
Jan

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 29 Apr 2012 17:45

PM sent to Penny to explain possible marriage.

Penny

Penny Report 29 Apr 2012 19:58

PM, recieved.
Still dont really understand, her name would have changed of she was adopted wouldnt it?

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 29 Apr 2012 20:55

My ex SIL was adopted but later reverted to his original name so not necessarily so.

The poster has not said that there has been a name change but has seen her messages on the internet.

Penny

Penny Report 29 Apr 2012 20:57

Poster believes her name is now Molly

Avril

Avril Report 30 Apr 2012 12:23

Thanks for the responses.
Maureen Kearney is her original name and messages have already been sent to email addresses found but have bounced back. Not surprising really, given that they were 11 years old. I have also sent a message via G-R to the Maureen Kearney who appears in the family trees but no response as yet. The trouble is that there is no way of telling how long ago her name was added.
It is unlikely that there will be a marriage in the surname of Kearney as she was adopted and her name would have been changed.
I have also sent messages to each of the people on G-R who have a Patrick Kearney showing in their trees so hopefully one of these people might have had contact with Maureen.

jax

jax Report 30 Apr 2012 15:38

The Maureen Kearney who appears in the trees joined the site aprox April 2003 going by the membership number