Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Twins born in Machester to Audrey Bryan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 28 Apr 2012 15:34

Does anyone know any information about a lady called Audrey Bryan who had twins in 1953. They were called Christopher and Susan and they were possibly born in an unmarried mother's house in Manchester. Audrey had then adopted in 1954 to the Fylde. Please inbox me if you know any information, although Audrey is probably early eighties by now. Thanks

Penny

Penny Report 28 Apr 2012 16:17

what relation would you be to them?

Who /what /where is ''the Fylde.''

Emma

Emma Report 28 Apr 2012 16:23

Penny, I am the daughter of one of the twins - Christopher is my dad. He was actually born in Bury. They were adopted by a couple who had farms in Poulton and they eventually moved to Milnthorpe. Do you know any info? Are you related?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Apr 2012 16:51

From Wiki

The Fylde is a coastal plain in western Lancashire, England. It is roughly a 13-mile (20-kilometre) square-shaped peninsula, bounded by Morecambe Bay to the north, the Ribble estuary to the south, the Irish Sea to the west, and the Bowland hills to the east. The eastern boundary is approximately the location of the M6 motorway.

The west coast is almost entirely urban, containing the towns of Fleetwood, Cleveleys, Blackpool and Lytham St Annes, with Thornton, Carleton and Poulton-le-Fylde not far inland. This area forms the Blackpool Urban Area. The central southern part of the Fylde includes the smaller towns of Kirkham and Wesham. The rest of the Fylde is rural, containing villages that include Freckleton, Warton, Wrea Green, Great Eccleston, Hambleton, Knott End and Pilling.

In all probability, Penny is not related to you (neither am I). She was hoping to get some geographical information, presumably to try to trace BMD for your grandmother.

If you haven't already done so, make sure that her name including her maiden surname is included in your tree on this site. If you know the name of your father's twin, add that as well. ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Apr 2012 17:10

I see you have the Audrey born 1929 on your tree already, there are two.... Will Pm Both births, and possible siblings if you don't already have them. it may be easier to trace the male siblings as they will have kept surname.

Penny

Penny Report 28 Apr 2012 21:38

No, I dont have any info, I was just trying to help.

Does your dad have his original birth cert?
is your Dad still alive?