Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brother ive never seen!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

julie

julie Report 26 Apr 2012 18:08

Hi, i am looking for my brother who was adopted in 1970. He was born Andrew Zachariah Hurn on 16/4/1970. I believe he was adopted from a place in Darlington but was born in Skelton (Redcar and Cleveland) I think his adoptive parents were from the York area. Hoping someone can give me more information as to where i can find him. Birth mother is Yvonne Hurn and birth father is Zachariah Swales. I am the youngest of 2 sisters and have a brother as well. Any information will be gratefully appreciated.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 26 Apr 2012 18:39

Hi Julie,

Add the family names to your tree as when and if the person decides and ready to seek birth family members they may just take a look on this site.....you can also place your name on the adoption seeking register as a birth relative or take paid steps through an aproved agency that help to seek find and reunite,but only if thats what the adopted person wants,

No one will know Andrew because the events will have changed his surname.......

julie

julie Report 28 Apr 2012 10:28

Hi Kay,
Thanks for your reply. I have put my name on the Adoption Contact Register. Many thanks
Julie

Braken

Braken Report 29 Apr 2012 20:36

His birth was registered in Middlesborough ;-)

Braken

Braken Report 29 Apr 2012 20:49

slim chance but he could have put his birth name on facebook

there is 2 Andrew Zachariah's on facebook worth a try

julie

julie Report 1 May 2012 20:48

Thanks Braken, Ive sent a message via facebook :-)