Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Creamer Family from New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Maree

Maree Report 24 Apr 2012 05:20

Am looking for a direct descendant from John & Mary Ann (Williams) Creamer who married in 1868 NZ. They had 13 children, some of which moved to Australia to live. Reason for search is a family bible, the owner having no one to pass it on to. Have done extensive research on the family but unable to find any living relatives so far, hoping to find someone in Australia as the bible is very large and fragile. Any help appreciated
thanks Maree

Lynski

Lynski Report 24 Apr 2012 06:20

Have you tried Search Trees on this site?

If you find a possible match you can contact the tree owner to see if you have a connection.

Maree

Maree Report 24 Apr 2012 07:15

Yes have searched the trees - no luck :-(

Valerie

Valerie Report 24 Apr 2012 07:47

Hi Maree

The NSW/BMD online shows a death (1945) for Darcy John Creamer - with parents John & Mary Ann.

TROVE shows a 'memorial'(?) notice for Darcy (Jack) Creamer 'dear brother of Frank Creamer' ..1946.

A 'John Darcy Creamer' b 5/3/1917 Wahunyah Vic enlisted in Paddington NSW (range 1939-48) nok Darcy Creamer.

'Ryerson's Index' has death notice for 'John Creamer' c14/1/1890 age 61yrs at 'Railway Hotel' Picton ...notice was in 'SMH' 14/1/1890
(A 'Ryerson's 'look-up' MAY reveal his wife to be 'Mary Ann')

Valerie (WAus)

Maree

Maree Report 24 Apr 2012 10:11

Thanks Valerie - I have found all those, but have not been able to find a descendant of any of them - obvioulsy due to privacy laws. have put a request on a genealogy forum as well as here, was hoping someone may have been doing some research on the family and might see the request.
will keep on trying - thanks again for your help :-)

Ru

Ru Report 24 Apr 2012 12:16

Hello Maree,

May I suggest you try the Telecom NZ Residential Numbers and select a city. A process of elimination here may lead to your relatives.

I had a quick look in Christchurch where I live and there are a few listed. A call or letter to them may reveal a connection.

It is all I can suggest at this stage.

Good luck,

Sappho.

Maree

Maree Report 24 Apr 2012 22:27

Hello Sappho,
that might be what I will have to do.
thanks, Maree

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 25 Apr 2012 05:00

Hi,
I had a quick look and it appears 5 or 6 of the children died young...and it looks like only 3 came to Australia.

Francis (Frank) died 1951 in NSW and had atleast 2 children..(who both married in NSW

Vivian died 1968 NSW

Then Davey John who I assume is Darcy John who died 1945.

Some of the births are within the searchable years,,,,then a combined use of Elect Rolls and TROVE help find them down the line.

I have to go for about 1/2 hour but when I get back I will PM some death notices that name possible living people,,,,atleast will atleast get you past the 1980's....

Kellie

Maree

Maree Report 25 Apr 2012 05:20

Hi Kellie, thanks - no need to send them - I have printed them all - still can only come down so far. I did go to the electoral rolls (online) up to 1980 but same thing they have passed on. I did find one that died in 2007 but the number is still listed in phone book .
I was really hoping to find someone interested in the family tree rather than ringing around like a salesman lol. But if I have to do that I will.
thanks again, Maree

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 25 Apr 2012 05:47

Hi Maree,
OK..
Una (died 1980) appeared to only have one daughter and her married name is pretty common.
Stanley's 1968 notice only mentions one child also...

I can only access NSW death notices online to 1995 and was hoping if we found a match I could check the currect elect rolls..(save you a few phone calls)

Kellie

Maree

Maree Report 25 Apr 2012 06:31

Hi Kellie,
Una's granddaughter has a family tree on ancestry but has not responded to my private message to her (3 weeks ago), according to her tree her mother - Una's daughter, married a Wall and is still alive - as you said a common name unfortunately.
Stanley's only child is where the bible comes from - his widow is a friend of our family, they had no children.
so back to the drawing board, but if you are able to access current electoral rolls that might help greatly - I am in the country with no access to them.
the other option was Amy Rebecca married a Lussich/Lussick and after his death moved to Sydney. Thought they would be easy to trace but same scenario - can only come down so far.
I am awaiting a national library card and hope to access more records online specially the newspaper obits as trove only goes up to 1954.
I have to say I am reluctant to ring around - it will be my last resource.
thanks again for you help and time :-)

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 25 Apr 2012 07:32

Hiya,
The National Library doesn't have online access to the Sydney Morning Herald online after 1954,,,even with a readers card...
The NSW State Library does but you have to be a NSW resident to apply for one.

The National Library (readers card) really doesn't give online access to much that isn't freely available already...apart from some overseas stuff...(newspapers etc)
The card is mainly used to LogIN and book the "stuff" you want them to hold for when you visit.

The NSW State Library card gives access to the SMH etc after 1954 and to 1995.

Google newspaper Archives have quite alot.....for everywhere....but not all issues.

I can access the current rolls if you have some names to check for...

Kellie

Maree

Maree Report 25 Apr 2012 23:33

Hello all - I have made contact with a descendant. Thankyou all for help and time.
cheers Maree :-)

Lynski

Lynski Report 26 Apr 2012 05:15

That's great news!